Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Vala

Winglets' effect on performance

Guest Captain Vala

Hello Captains, This is my first post in AVSIM, and before saying anything, I HATE MY SCREEN NAME! And unfortunately can't change it:( . I'm only a Cessna pilot in real life. Second, I had a question... I would like to know if winglets in PMDG's 737s change the performance like they do in real 737s?If they don't, then how are the planes configured? (performance wise)If they do, would you please give me some detail on that? (performance wise) Thanks everyone, Vala Nia

Guest Nickman

I recall a post like this one, and a PMDG developer did say that they do perform better/different with winglets. The only big difference in performance of the winglet version is about an overall 5% fuel savings a little better lift performance.Nick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey,Also with a wingleted (is that a word?) aircraft the cross wind landing limits are reduced slightly.CheersDavid

Guest Captain Vala

Thank you guys for the replies, I actually did a search on winglet and for some reason I didn't find anything PMDG related. Anyway, Thank you again for answering my question, Vala NiaEdit: Thomas, would you please give me a link to your thread?