Sign in to follow this  
Guest kavan2

question for pmdg on sid /stars

Question 1: I would like to incorporate a sid in to a default fs flight planner ifr flight plan from the 737 fmc so that the default atc will be able to accept it as part of the plane so that i dont get my ifr flight plan cancelled by atc because i have deviated off course (because i am following the sid) which is of course not recognized as part of the planat the moment it does not seem possible to fly a sid or star and still have default atc cover with the pmdg fmc.Pss got around this problem with their 747/777 by having an export/import from and to the fs default flight planner on one of the fmc pages thus allowing any desired alterations to be made in the fmc and then exported back to the fs flight planner and OK'd and activated ' ATC would then allow yu to follow as part of the plan any modifications that you made in the aircrafts fmc.I know many people dont use the default atc. but i dont have internet access on the computer i fly on so i have to make do with it i am sure there are many others who are also in this position and also use the default atc too. The default atc is part of the fs package and pmdg aircraft are designed to be used in that package.I've posted this question before and never got an answer from pmdg please advise thanks in advanceKavan question 2 : Also is there any way that a flight plan import/ export option from & too the default flight planner could be incorporated in to the new 747 fmc with an automatic .PLN to .RTE converterthanks in advanceKavan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi KavanI can't speak for PMDG, and I must admit that I don't use fs atc very often, but you have som options here;Purchase a flightplanner like FsBuild, it will create your flight plan complete with sid and stars. Then you can export the fp in both rte and pln format. It will even calculate the fuel for you. Great utility, and can be used as standalone, worth the price. You may also consider FsNavigator, it will also export to both rte and pln.Another option is to create the flight plan in Fs Flightplanner, and use a freeware utility called "pln2rte" to export the fp and open it in the FMC.