Sign in to follow this  
Guest glassb

Autoland

I am somewhat new to the PMDG 737NG.It does not say in the manual or FMC Manual that came with the CD that I orderd how to set up an AUTOLAND.Can somone basically tell me everything that needs to be turned on and set for a sucessful autoland?Your help is appreciated!Regards,Brandon Glass

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In order to autoland, the runway must have at least ILS Cat II (I think). If it does, the only thing you need to do is tune the ILS freq. into both NAV1 and NAV2. Once you've captured the ILS, you should engage the second autopilot at 500 agl (i believe) by pressing the next CMD (if you use CMD A, activate CMD B, etc) so both CMD are activated. You should see the "flare" word below G/S, meaning you will be able to do an autoland.Nick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

As Nick says, tune the NAV radios manually to the ILS FEQ that you wish to land on, make sure the rwy has an ILS. Set the course window and HDG window on the MCP to the final rwy hdg. Set the MCP altitude window to the MSS APP altitude. If you are coming straight in all you will need to do is push the "APP" button on the MCP which will arm the A/L system. You will most likely capture the LOC then G/S. Coming in at an angle for intercept push the LOC button which will turn you to final then after LOC captures push the APP button. You must engage the second A/P (command :( before 800 RA or it is locked out and you will remain in a single channel app mode which must be manually landed (well in the RW at least). You can engage (really the light goes on but it is in a ARM state at this point) it after LOC capture. At G/S capture the APP button will go out meaning that you cannot de-select it. To abort the app you must hit a TOGA, re-tune the NAV radios or turn off the A/P and flight directors. Passing 1500 RA the confidence check will blink the PFd and automatically engage the second A/P. If you leave on the A/T (autothrottle) the system will trun it off upon touchdown. Make sure you have ARMed the spoilers through by placing the spoiler lever to ARM on the throttle panel, this will show as a GREEN ARM light on the main panel. They will auto deploy as long as you do not apply any thrust at landing. There of course is much much more than this but should help you out a bit. Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

"Once you've captured the ILS, you should engage the second autopilot at 500 agl (i believe)"According to the Boeing Maintenance Manual, the second A/P won't engage if you haven't already selected it by 800'.Cheers.Ian.

Off by 300 feet, give me a break :( Thanks Randy for the more detailed procedure.Nick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Sorry Nick. No break from me!! This is no game, you know:).