Sign in to follow this  
Guest speight

Route Offset

Guest speight

Since the latest update, I have been able to do the complete flight in V/C view, mainly because of the improved frame-rate, but also because of the almost 100% functionality of the V/C.This now puts PMDG into a galactic realm of realistic fantasy.I am particularly impressed with this feature, which allows the a/c to be flown to one side of the plan vector to reduce trafic conflicts.The question I have is "Which Side and by what distance"??

Hello Howard, Remember that an airway is 5 miles wide up in that wonderful patch of air. If you are just checking this feature out and have no concerns with your ATC try any side you like! In Vatsim you will get permission before attempting to fly an offest. You can simply type 5R or 5L and anything inbetween like 1.2R. It should be able to offset up to 99 miles like the real one. Most likely in the RW you ask for an offset or you are asked if possible to avoid weather or traffic. This is less workload than to re-program your way around etc. Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |