Sign in to follow this  
Guest glassb

To: 'ColdBear' or other READERS

Guest glassb

ColdBear reffered me to this site: http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/...you type in the dep. and arr. airprts. and then it gives you a flight plan with fixes.....right below the flt. plan computed it says this..."Headings are magnetic, distances are in nautical miles."AND RIGHT UNDER THIS SENTENCE IT SHOWS a few waypoints from the flt. plan (IN BOLD) and right next to each of them there are waypoints that appear to be airways (NOT IN BOLD) (i may be wrong, they might not be airways)....are these the fixes you put in the 'VIA' Column on the RTE page...and then the other waypoint fixes in the ABOVE FLT. PLAN GO IN THE 'TO' Column?????Let me know,Brandon GlassCHEERS!

The ONLY thing you input into the VIA prompt is airways not individual *fixes*. Airways are highways in the sky and contain a certain amount of *fixes* along a determined route segment. Now you can modify the points along this airway on the LEGS page..Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest DZollner

Continuing on from what Randy said above, I can elaborate using a simple flight plan from IND to MSP, with a route given to me by the website mentioned in your post. Below is the flight plan, minus a SID as I knew beforehand I wanted to fly up to the Badger VOR instead of flying west on the ROCKY3 SID out of IND. NWA uses this exact routing (most of the time) to Minneapolis from Indianapolis, so the website is giving a realistic routing in this regard.Computed route from INDIANAPOLIS INTL (KIND, K5) to MINNEAPOLIS ST PAUL INTL (KMSP, K3): 8 fixes, 464.1 nautical milesCruise altitude between FL310 and FL350KIND (0.0nm) -DCT-> MACES (26.2nm) -J89-> BVT (63.0nm) -J89->FATOX (78.8nm) -J89-> CADIZ (102.4nm) -J89-> OBK (170.6nm) -J101->BAE (226.3nm) -STAR-> KMSP (464.1nm)Details:ID FREQ HDG DIST Coords Name/RemarksKIND 0 0 N39

Guest glassb

thanx Dan,youve made my day!CHEERS!Brandon Glass...Wishing you THREE GREENS on your future flights

Guest B1900 Mech

Great site! I like how the FP is in clearance delivery format on the bottom:-)

Guest speight

THANX DAN, THIS IS THE CLEAREST GUIDE FOR THE FMC INPUT THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Guest Thac0

The FMC is giving me fits.. It is just not clicking with me yet. I have followed the tutorials and I think I have done really well with everything but this particular area. I've been trying to use FSNav to make the FP and then export it to the FMC but I always end up in trouble when it comes to switching runways. Plus I'm really looking forward to flying on Vatsim but my understanding of this is really holding me up. I used fsnav to set up a route from KLAX to KLAS and I have been flying that back and forth trying to figure this stuff out. How exactly would I set up a sids/stars for this route using only the FMC and not fsnav? I purchased SimCharts but I'm not exactly sure how to get the required information from it for the sid/stars.Using the page mentioned above.. gives the route of KLAX SID DAG STAR KLAS. Would someone be so kind as to give me a step by step for that one? Maybe if I see how that route is done it will help me get over this hump.

Guest glassb

thanks everybody.rgds,Brandon