Sign in to follow this  
Guest mpauli

Radio Navigation and CH Yoke

Guest mpauli

Hey PMDG (and as usual everyone else)I have two questions concerning the FMC and the spoilers:-I realized that there is a radio position update for the LAT/LNG on the pos-page. Since the 737NG hasn't got auto tune (automatic tuning of VOR/DME for position update) how is this possible. Even if I haven't tuned any NAV the position info from the radios is still available. Are there two more hidden nav tuners in the background or is this feature just not simulated in the PMDG737NG?-I am using a Flight Sim Yoke USB and I tried to assign the spoilers to the mixture lever to not to only use full but appropriate speed brake.But whatever I do the spoilers always move to the fully deployed position. I know that the spoiler algorithm for the 737NG is quite complex but is it sill possible to assign an external control?Thanks for your help guysMartin

Guest mpauli

BUMP!Has everyone gone on vacation?Or is there a new update from PMDG? ;-)

Hi Martin,My memory is a little vague on this but a discussion did take place during the beta. I believe the primary Lat/Lon is fed by the IRS. The FMC uses a combination of other sources including radio information to cross check position, but does not auto-tune any Freq. Randy could probably answer this one further.Concerning the spoilers, I don't think the assignments will work. I have not been able to get any combination to work using the CH utility or FSUIPC. So I still grab them on the throttle panel.