Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Debonair is great but...help!

Guest ucanfly

I have just downloaded the B33 Debonair and I am truly impressed with quality of this download. I usually shy away from downloads without VCs but this one is very good. Thanks Mr. Applegate and friends!Unfortunately the exterior view of the aircraft are colorless (no textures visible)in spot plane view (the plane and passengers are black), and I can't seem to trim the airplane out with the aileron trim (even though the aileron trim indication does move). My problem with the exterior model may be that I have a 16 MB video card (Voodoo 3)? If so is there a way I can make these textures low resolution so that they can be seen?Does Geof or anyone else out there have any suggestions? Sorry if this has been already answered but I did try to search the forums.

Guest JeanLuc_

I UCANFLY,Yes, the problem is the voodoo3 and its internal limit of 512x512 pixels textures. The next release for the Deb should be shipped with multiple sized textures (mip maps) that solves this.In the meantime, you can build your own set from the default with the Imagetool included in the FS2002 Pro edition at:C:FS2002gmaxFlightsimgamepacksFlightSimimagetool.exeor in the FS2000 Scenery SDKHope it helps!

Guest ucanfly

Thank you JeanLuc. I will investigate your suggestion (never used image tool). Thank you for the prompt response!

Guest artl

>... and I can't seem to trim the >airplane out with the aileron trim (even though the aileron >trim indication does move). I, too, live with the black plane.... and still love it.As for the aileron trim.... That is an error in the "F33an.air"file that comes with the download.If you download Roth's "AirED" program:http://members.dsl-only.net/~eagle/you can use it to look up section 516 (Aileron and rudder trim).Set the "rudder trim" section to zero, and the "Aileron trim"section to -0.1 (that's minus zero day-see-mall one )By the way, make sure you download the updated version of the autopilot, available as a separate upload in the library. It solves a lot of issues with the original.Its a great plane, perhaps the best in the fs2002 fleet, IMHO.Art.

Guest ucanfly

Hey art1!You said "I, too, live with the black plane.... and still love it."I got a fix for you!I fixed the black plane problem very simply and it works even though I have a Voodoo3!I just used imagetool to open up the main textures for the debonair and one by one I saved them as 16 bit format files (instead of DXT3 I think). Waalaaa! I have colors on the plane! Thank you all for pointing me to image tool.

Guys, even better, generate mipmaps in imagetool (Image - Create Mipmaps), but keep the DXT3 format. It has advantages (being optimised for DirectX mainly). It works with the Voodoo3.__________________________________________________________EricList of all airlines, aircraft manufacturers and aircraft types recognised by ATC:http://www.geocities.com/eric_2203/orhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...atID=fs2002misc

Yep, I had the same problem.. Voodoo 3 has a problem with aircraft which use Alpha channel, and they appear textureless. btw. what's wrong with the passengers being black? Are you a racist? :-lol :-lol

Guest ucanfly

LOL! I used the 'create MIPMAP' method and it works fine that way too with my Voodoo 3. Thanks guys for all your help.Still my favorite plane right now, but I found a few more minor things (and yes I have the b33 patch). 1) The glide slope on the HSI does not appear except when on the opposite side of the runway.2) FS prevents me from deploying the "2nd notch of flaps, even at below stall speed. It gives me a Maximum flap speed exceeded when I try to go to full flaps, but the flaps fully deploy once I'm stopped.Thanks again for your help all.

Re: #1- I am not sure what you are asking-the glideslope should work ok-I haven't seen this reported from anyone-maybe try a different airport? #2-This has been reported by some-I believe the solution is to make sure your airspeed is correct. Ms doesn't really simulate the way the real flaps work which is just that they go down (or up at any increment) when the button is pushed-e.g. not in 10,20,30 degree increments. You verify how far they have gone in the real bird by looking out the window. Ms can't do this-therefore if you put too much out at a certain airspeed you will get the error message Make sure you are at 90-100 mph before going to full flaps-before then only a slight amount.There is a kind person who is working on a new flight model-when completed this should take care of this issue.Hope that helps! :-)http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif