Sign in to follow this  
Guest logmecode3

Any method for resetting the FMC in-flight???

Guest logmecode3

The other day, after programming the FMC while already en route to my destination, I received an "End of Route" message on the FMC, though I can't quite figure out why. I tried several times to reprogram the FMC and could not get it to work. I kept getting weird disconnect messages in the route segments pages and could not connect them. Even though I deleted the destination airport and also the route and legs, I could not successfully reprogram the flight. It kept wanting to put the last leg into the first spot of the new plan, even though I had deleted it.Is there anyway to do a hard reset of the FMC while already in the air? Can you switch to FMC #2 (Co-Pilot) and program it instead?If I can't do a hard reset, is there any way to do a kind of soft reset by deleting some important piece of information so that it clears the previous data? What would a real 737 pilot do if his FMC inadvertently gave an End of Route message? I think I might have triggered the message by flying too close to or over the last waypoint, but I'm not sure. What if, for whatever reason, a pilot encountered a software error (however unlikely), surely there must be some way to reset or reboot the FMC.

Guest Nickman

No it wouldn't be possible to use the FO FMC because they are both hooked up to the central computer. What the captian does is displaying on the FO, and what the FO does is displayed on the Captian's. What other error messages are you getting?If you really want to reset the FMC, save the flight and then load it at the FMC should be like you just started it. Be warned thoughNick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

What happens is your route might contain a missed approach holding fix which means you will get vectored around for another try. If you could not land at your destination, the real FMC has ALTERNATE AIPORT but this FMC does not model this. Hopefully if the BBJ is done we will see this then.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest Buck Bolduc

Practice, practice, practice.If I have an approach set up and I dont like it I delete it and set up a different one enroute. There are a few caviates tho. You cannot delete the next waypoint(they one your heading to, invalid delete! You can delete, add, waypoints,stars, etc., it does take some practice. If you get a disco hit the lsk below it and put it in the scrachpad then hit the LSK next to the disco, it dissapears, then hit execute.This evening I flew from KMIA to KJFK I noticed after CAMRN4 the cyan line went right to the runway. So I put ZACHS(outer mrkr) in the scrachpad and entered it on top of runway 31L. Did the same with MEALS (FAF)and entered it on top of ZACHS.It then listed CAMRN4-->ZACHS-->MEALS-->31L., on the legs pages.Once you get the hang of it, it becomes easy.When the execute button lights up, press it.If you put it in plan mode and cycle thru the legs pages then zoom in or out it makes it easier to see what your doing.Regards

Guest Eric Lunston

This is a shortcoming of the PMDG FMS, a pretty serious one at that. Of course in a real 737 you can reprogram the FMS at anytime. One would have thought that the payware 'enhancment' package for the PMDG would have addressed this but it did not for some reason.The Ariane 737 add-on for MSFS2004 does not suffer the same FMS programming shortcoming and also includes a fully functioning inertial reference system. I'm sure PMDG will update their package to have commensurate fuctionality at some point, maybe next year.As several others have pointed out on this thread, you can simply reset your flight and pretend that you landed after you experience the famous PMDG 'end of flight' FMS lockdown. This works for me as I have a very good imagination. PROUD SUPPORTER OF PMDGLOOKING FORWARD TO THE PMDG 747PMDG 737 NUT

Don't make me laugh at this late hour.. Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest EDCS

Hi Randy,why not. But it

Guest leadZERO

I've had this happen before. If you don't follow the checklists to the T you tend to get a lot of wierdness, or if you do things like not reload the plane for every flight.Usually what I do is delete the destination airport and departure runway. Then enter a new destination and hit Activate imediately. From there I can usually reprogram. It's not always the best, and I frequently get the dtiswkd or whatever wierdness but with a little finangling I can get them to go away.One problem I haven't found a solution for is when VREF won't appear. This past weekend I was going back and forth KCVG<->KATL total of 4 flights. I was using the REVERSE> button and this has some of it's own weirdness as well. However, after the first flight I lost my VREF bug. I couldn't even set it manually either. So, I either had to use 80 as my VREF or just remember it. I was never able to get it back on subsequent flights either.