Sign in to follow this  
Guest TRK3586

Are these FPS about right for my system?

Guest TRK3586

This is not a post to complain about FPS, although it may be if someone tells me I could be doing better.(hehe) I'm getting just about 15 FPS sitting on the ground at KSEA in the PMDG 737-800 with fair weather (No ActiveSky) and only about 7-9 FPS in the VC with the same situation.Here are my specs...Athlon XP 3000+ 333FSB1024 MB RAM (1 stick is 2700 RPM, the other is 3200)Western Digital 40 GB 7200 RPM HDGeForce 4 Ti 4400 128 MB DDR RAM w/ 61.77 driversWindows XP HomeDirectx 9.0b

Guest ba747heavy

Based on your specs, I would say no thats not right. Are you running any kind of AI traffic?

Guest TRK3586

Yeah, I'm using Ultimate Traffic. I'd also like to add that most of my display settings are NOT maxed out.

Guest ba747heavy

Tim,AI Traffic will kill any system. It has been my experience that most sliders in FS do not have a dramatic impact in the FPS department, except for the AI traffic slider. You can do some general windows XP system tweaks found here but no promises on how much that will help. Otherwise, I think if you want to run AI 15 FPS is right on the money.

Guest zip

That seems about right for your CPU/video card, fairly complex scenery/weather and AI add-on.I know that I can bring my FX-51 box to its knees if I turn on complex scenery (like SimFlyer), but do check that you're not hitting the "dynamic scenery" bug, wherein FS keeps on creating objects to render, but never actually removes them from the rendering queue even if they are well out of sight, which causes FPS and memory drain over time. Fix for that somewhere in the main FS forum.What do you get with no AI traffic and clear weather at the same airport?

Guest Nickman

The thing about utlimate traffic is that it uses semi-detailed planes. I used to use default FS traffic and THAT just killed my system when flying with the PMDG. I switched to projectAI traffic and now the FPS are 2x better than with default FS trafficNick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Guest TRK3586

My FPS w/o any traffic and clear skies is around 15-17, so not that big a difference. I can remember when I had pretty darn smooth performance, but lately it hasn't been there. I installed FS Water, and then uninstalled that, but no change. I also get extreme stutters in the VC for the 737-800. I understand though that many have hat problem. I just look around and see such high FPS on machines comparable to me, and I'm sitting here with under 20...Tim

The work around that ZIP was talking about is renaming the default.xml to default.xml.bak in your Autogen folder in FS9. This will disable the gas station autogens but it stops you from having a massive memory leak. I just stumbled on to this on another forum yesterday and I tried it out. I was getting 28-32 FPS now I am getting 38-42. I also turned off my AI as I mostly fly online though. You should also make sure that you have Chris Willis's textures installed for better performance. Good Luck. And as always make sure your drivers are up to date.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Another thing that I just noticed that you might try is installing DirectX 9.0C it gave me a little more stability and maybe a frame or two in the newest NVIDIA drivers. Also make sure you have transform and lighting is clicked on.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO