Sign in to follow this  
Guest 737SimQuestions

Saving Flight Scenarios

Guest 737SimQuestions

How in PMDG 737 does one save the flight and cockpit setup so that it does not need to be reset all of the time? When I use MSFS 2004 to save the flight, it only saves the scenery, but not the switch positions and the FMC programming. I have saved the route so that I can load it again as a Company Stored route, but it still is time consuming after a reset to set the entire cockpit and FMC back up again.Any ideas? It's got to be simple.Thanks,Mark Calkins

Cannot be done. There is limited FMC saving and it can be reprogramed in flight from such a saved senario. You will have to reprogram most of it. Frankly there is no way to change this situation because of the way it was created.... This should not be a issue with the up coming 744.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest 737SimQuestions

Thanks, Randy. I appreciate the quick response. What is the 744 anyway, and when will it be released? What ballpark range are we talking about to upgrade?Thanks,Mark Calkins

PMDG's next aircraft will be the 747-400. It will be done to the realism we see in the 737 NG in fact we will see a bit more. It is under development at present so it is still a bit off. There are no set dates but is the current development of PMDG. As for the 737, there might be another aircraft added (the BBJ) but if it happens will be after the 744 is completed.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest Pyjamas

Really?It's the small things like this that i think will make this upcoming aircraft one of the best ever. What else have you guys got in store for the Queen of the skies?(sorry to steal the thread):-jumpy

Guest 737SimQuestions

Thanks for your past prompt responses, Randy.My only question on the topic which remains is this...If I desire to create a flight where I can reload an approach that I want to fly several times for training purposes, eg., a custom made RNP approach, what is the best way to do it given the flight scenario saving constraints of 737 PMDG? Must I always reinitialize the flight on the ground, take off, then perhaps slew the aircraft into position on the approach in order to commence it? If that is not true, then what are your recommendations in order to minimize initialization times?Once again, thanks again immensely.Mark Calkins

Guest bobsk8

I saved a flight when on approach to FLL airport at about 2,500 feet, and 5 miles. When I load the flight, I have to reset things like the speed, A/T, and I notice most of the lights on the Overhead are showing errors and cannot be reset properly , but I can fly the approach. Spoilers don't deploy from that configuration, but otherwise it is good for flying the approach and landing.