Sign in to follow this  
Guest lianli

Flickering screen problems - please help!?

Hi, I am using the PMDG 737 expansion, along with the PMDG 800/900 series expansion. I am experiencing a drop out of textures (areas of the screen go black)but then return to normal after a second or so, during all phases of flight, from taxi to landing. It is highly frustrating, as my system does not do this when used with other add-on aircraft. Does anyone have any suggestions; help would be appreciated. I only noticed this problem since I installed the PMDG add-ons, and in all other ways, my setup runs FSCOF with high Frame rates and I am more than happy with performance.For the record:2.4 P4 (O/C to 2.6)512 DDRGF6800 128mbWin XP HomeUk2000 scenery (Parts 1-6 & Heathrow pro)VFR UK scenery (all)Cheers Andy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,No, Just Gary Summons scenery and VFR textures, plus a few add on aircraft. Regards

Hi,I have flown the aircraft over default scenery and the flickering does not happen, so it looks like a clash between VFR photo scenery and UK2000 airports? Regards

Hi All,I did some testing over the weekend and it is definitely not PMDG. I can recreate the issue using the default FS 182. For me the problem only seems to occur in high density scenery areas when the FPS drops off a bit. I can consistently recreate the problem using both the NG and FS 182 over Simflyers KORD and KPHX.Going to keep digging and see what I can find. Also found one other odd symptom, try opening the lower MFD and see if the flickering becomes local to that gauge/window only. I can also re-create this consistently when the flickering starts.