Sign in to follow this  
Guest zanadu6365

Sid's/Star's and jetway's

Guest zanadu6365

Is there by anychance somewhere on the internet file that has all of lax sid's and stars? I would love to do the LAXX5.IPL departure but LAXX5 SID isn't even in the database :(I was going to fly to ABQ from LAX via LAXX5.IPL J18 PXR J244 ZUN J102 GUP.CURLY2.I know I could have done the ZUN.LAVEN3 but didn't want to...I also ran into another problem... how do you get the jetway's into the FMC, I know it was in one of the manuals/tuts but I cant remember what one it was. anyway thanks for the help.

Guest stang

Hi David. I'm a little confused. I just checked the 0408 cycle and there is an Imperial transition for LAXX5 at LAX.You can add gate lat/longs to the airport procedure file so they are available all the time. See the "How to make Terminal Procedures" tutorial that was loaded on your drive when you installed the 737NG or download it here on avsim in the file library.RegardsTerry

Hi For the jetways thing you were asking about....This might be a bit confusing but just try to understand lol first when you enter your dep and arr airport and select the runway for departure and if you want to enter a sid do that. then go to the RTE page and on the top right it will say 1/2 then go to the second page of the RTE and it will have o nthe top left it will say via and on the top right it will say to so under the column via you would type in the airway for ex. J18 then it will have on the right like 4 or 5 empty boxes and then you type in what wpt along that airway you want to travel to so then you type an intersection or a vor along that airway. if you didnt get it its in sec. 8-18 on the FMC users manual. hope it helped. Tyler

Guest zanadu6365

Hmm perhaps I should go and re-download the latest cycle?Also tyler, it would be as so,got to RTE page, click next page,type j18 and put it under the via LSKR1 (I think)Then type in the vor, or nav point (PXR) and then put it in theempty box, such as LSKL1.I have been flying the PSS airbus and was suprised by how simple but effective the FMC was, then I go back to the 737 and I had forgot... DUH!Ok thanks for the help Terry and Tyler!