Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightpro08

FS2k2 Menu "Problem"

Guest flightpro08

Hey all. Just a quick little question. Whenever I boot up FS2k2, a little "sliver" of the bottem of FS2k2 is cut off. This is apparent on the Splash Screen and actual menu. Once I select my aircraft and my starting airport, and get the sim up and running, everything is fine. I'm currently running a GeForce4 Ti4600. One odd thing is that it started occuring when I hooked up a second monitor. Any thoughts?Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolTaxiwaysigns.com

I exprienced the same thing. It's a (full screen) resolution issue and can be fixed with setting a new res and revert back (if you want). Solved it for me. Don't know if it will work for you.Cheers,R.

I think the menus are default in full screen mode at 800x600 so one thing to try is in windows to change your display settings to 800x600 in both 16 and 32 or even 24bit colour and see if any of those are cutting off the bottom of your screen then adjust your monitor using its inbuilt settings and move the image up or squeeze it a little. Then when you run Fs2002 again then the image will fit again. One thing to bear in mind also is that on Windows XP it defaults to 60hz alot when playing games so also you might have to go and run windows at 800x600 at 60hz to see if the screen is fitting properly as different hz rates normally make the same resolution display differently. So many things to do but thats one thing to check anyway.Its probably where its switching to 800x600 and you just need to adjust your monitor image in that resolution. Craig

Guest flightpro08

Thanks for the response guys. One problem though. I can't change my monitor's refresh rate on 800X600 because I have used Riva Tuner's refresh rate fix (locks the refres rate to highest possible on each resoulution.) Any ideas on a "work around?"Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolTaxiwaysigns.com