Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

Lost FMC Data

Anyone else lost their nav data after installing the latest updates? I also tried to re-install with the data from the PMDG site and still didn't work. Airports in question are KATL and KMIA. The aircraft is the 800.Thanks.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest james320

Things have gone very weird for me after intsalling the latest AIRAC 0409 from Navdata.atTried to load a saved flight from London Gatwick (EGKK) to Palma (LEPA) and got an error message (SSJ unknown). Tried to select Arrival into LEPA and the FMC claimed to have no SIDS or STARS for there. Very strange.Never had a problem before. Have emailed Navdata so hopefully will find out a reason soon.

Hi there.Jeff, I just tried KATL and KMIA and they are present for me with airac 0409 and pmdg_procedures_0409 installed. James,The procedures from Terry(0409) for LEPA works without errors here. But I also tried the procedure file available at Navdata(from Simon Butler), and then I get the same error message. When error appears, no procedures are loaded.The most likely reason is that the VOR station SSJ is renamed to JOA in the latest airac due to real world changes sept -04. The author of the file will have to update it, and I am sure he will as soon as possible.For reference, you may take a look at the latest charts at ais.aena.es

Guest james320

Per, thanks for your help. I opened up Simon Butlers's LEPA procedures in notepad and used Find/Replace to change SSJ to JOA.

Guest Buck Bolduc

Are you guys getting mixed up between Airac-Navdata and Procedures-SidStars from PMDG by Terry.Airacs from NavData go in FS9/FMCWP/NAVDATA.Procedures from Terry via PMDGs site go in FS9/PMDG/SIDSTARS.Sometimes I have a problem with Navdata. What I do now is rename FMCWP to FMCWP.old and extract the zip file to FS9, it creates a new FMCWP/NAVDATA for me. Others say they just extract to FMCWP and it works OK for them. I seem to end up with FMCWP/NAVDATA/FMCWP/NAVDATA. Of course FS9 cant find it properly.Beware, the NAVDATA installer sometimes defaults to the FS2k.If you got Airac installed correctly you will see it right away when you bring up the FMC--> Airac 0408 or whatever.Hope this helps.