Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagletail

Trim and FMC/ATC questions

Guest Eagletail

The PMDG 737/600-NG package offers a lot of enjoyment, but for newbies like me there are some matters I just can't figure out. Forgive me if this has been asked before. Here they are:1. How do I trim the aircraft before takeoff? What switch or keyboard combo do I use?2) When using the FMC, can't I use air traffic control (ATC) in combination with a planned flight that I have registered in the FMC?Thanks for your help!

Mark,(1) Use your trim button on the keyboard/jystick like any other plane ? Proper trim units for each plane are shown in the take off FMC page.(2) Yes you can. "File" your flightplan using the MSFS menu. Exactly the same route you enter in the FMC. Note that the FMC will NOT automatically upload the MSFS flightplan ! They are not connected.Best,Vangelis ===================================== E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Guest hellogoodbye

1. The '7' and '1' keys on the NUMPAD! Monitor the trim on the throttle panel. You cannot trim directly on the panel (strangely enough... It took myself some time too before I discovered how to do it since everything else can be done by clicking somehere on the panel!)2. You can indeed use ATC but it only works if the plan you file (which MUST be an MSFS plan!) and the plan you enter into the FMC are exaclty the same. You have to do both: the FMC and ATC aren't connected in any way.You can indeed enter the FS plan into the FMC, as Vangelis says. However the FS plans are quit bad: not realistic at all (and I wonder if the AIRAC data from Navdata is compatible with the FS data...). The only way to get better plans for MSFS

Guest Eagletail

>1. The '7' and '1' keys on the NUMPAD! Monitor the trim on>the throttle panel. >>The only way to get better plans for MSFS

I also have a question regarding FMC and ATC. I use FSNavigator for a flight planner and even though I export it into MSFS and load it from there, ATC does not take me on the same route that I file in FSNavigator and PMDG FMC. What am I doing wrong?