Sign in to follow this  
Guest rbobbyb

Conflicting ATC commands with Metzinger Tutorial

Guest rbobbyb

Hello,This may be a dumb question but how do you get FS9 ATC to coincide with the Timothy Metzinger tutorial. I do fine until I get near the airport and ATC starts vectoring me differently than the "Shine Five Arrival". Do I have to go into the flight planner in FS9 and maually put in all the points from the Metzinger flight plan?Another thing is that ATC tells me to land at 36L and not 36R as in the tutorial.When I select 36L in the FMC the so called "new field" RWY EXT does not appear in the FMC KCLT ARRIVALS page.I know ,.. I am not a pilot but I like details :)Thanks,Lance

>This may be a dumb question but how do you get FS9 ATC to>coincide with the Timothy Metzinger tutorial. I do fine until>I get near the airport and ATC starts vectoring me differently>than the "Shine Five Arrival". Do I have to go into the flight>planner in FS9 and maually put in all the points from the>Metzinger flight plan?I don't think the Metzinger flight plan mentions "using" the FS9 ATC at all. You may just request VFR clearance and get a takeoff rwy -- then, as you approach the destination airport, get its ATIS and connect to TOWER for landing. At least that's how I fly with the PMDG 737NG.>Another thing is that ATC tells me to land at 36L and not 36R>as in the tutorial.When I select 36L in the FMC the so called>"new field" RWY EXT does not appear in the FMC KCLT ARRIVALS>page.If the FS9 ATC gives you 36L, you can request 36R and more than likely you will get it.Kerke

Guest tmetzinger

As stated in the tutorial, FS9 ATC isn't used at all - the tutorial gives you some atc instruction, and demonstrates what you'd do in response.FS9 ATC is a complete waste of time if you want "real" ATC. Closest solution for that is VATSIM or IVAO.

>FS9 ATC is a complete waste of time if you want "real" ATC. >Closest solution for that is VATSIM or IVAO.Hi Timothy, do you know where I could find instrutions on how to obtain and run the software needed for VATSIM? AFAIK, VATSIM software is not FS9 compatible yet, but I know many people have been able to make it work.Thank you,Kerke

Guest N401SS

I use FS9 with VATSIM without difficulty.Check out their Pilot Resource Center; it includes instructions for running Squawkbox, SB Relay, and Advanced Voice Client with FS9.www.vatsim.net

Guest rbobbyb

What about this part:Another thing is that ATC tells me to land at 36L and not 36R as in the tutorial.When I select 36L in the FMC the so called "new field" RWY EXT does not appear in the FMC KCLT ARRIVALS page.Referring to Page 50 at the top in your tutorial. Thanks again,Lance