Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paragon

Transition altitude and transition level.

Guest Paragon

When flying online I often see this in the information display at for example M

Mikkel,Almost perfect - except that during approach you'd be doing the switch to local QNH when passing FL70, not 7000ft.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Guest Paragon

Right...I have another question though. On climb out from Heathrow the transition altitude is 6000 ft., but there is also an altitude restriction of 6000 ft. on the Dover SID. When would I set STD? Would it be passing 6000 ft. or when I reach it? See, normally the altimeter is different from 1013 and that would mean the altitude restriction would differ depending on when to set STD. I have tried to set STD when reaching 6000 ft. but that resultet in a VNAV disconnect because after switching from local QNH to STD there was a difference of 300-400 ft. and the autopilot didn't like that. If I leave it, it would mean I'm flying 300-400 ft. too low?

Guest Mike Want

Hi The restriction on the Dover SID is 6000ft, which is 6000 on QNH, so you don't switch to standard.If it was quoted as a restriction of FL60, it would mean 6000 on 1013.Thousands of feet = QNHFLs = standardHope this helps,Mike

Guest Paragon

Thank you Mike...so I would leave it on the local QNH until I was told to climb above 6000 ft. and after passing 6000 ft. I would set STD.