Sign in to follow this  
Guest Panther13

How to save a flight enroute including all FMC data, sw...

Guest Panther13

Hi all,as I've seen in this forum, there are many questions and complaints about the easiest way to save a flight for the 737. In the official FAQ, there is a workaround described, but it is quite annoying as the FMC has to be reprogrammed at least partly.The solution for XP users seems simple: Pause your FS, then use the Windows XP Hibernate function ('Start'-> 'Turn off computer', then press to make the left 'Standby' Button switch to 'Hibernate', use this function).When you reboot your PC, you have your flight and the 737 in the same state, every switch and the FMC are as you left them. You don't have to waste a single second for resetting anything and are able to continue your flight right away.This works very well for me. Please state your experiences. If this is better than the workaround described by PMDG, I suggest taking it into the PMDG FAQ.Regards,Martin HoefsBTW: Great Work, PMDG!!!

You cannot. You at most can bring it back to life but do not expect any complete save function on the NG UNLIKE the 744 coming...Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Guest DVC9999

HiI tried out your idea and it works perfectly When I returned I was in exactly the same position with all the correct settings and the FMC fully programmed All I had to do was press the pause button and off it went. Not knowing anything about computers I was concerned that it may take up memory on my hard drive but this appears to be unchanged What a good idea.David