Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

DOORS MANUAL/AUTO.

If you look at the Boeing 747 but 777 aswell EICAS you sometimes see DOORS MANUAL or AUTO. What does it mean????Thanks,

Guest Mark McG

It shows if the escape slides have been Armed - Auto or are in Manual ( disarmed ) state.

Oh, but By landing you don't see it. Or sometimes only.And I guess, it's done by the cabin crue???Thanks

>Oh, but By landing you don't see it. Or sometimes only.And I guess, it's done by the cabin crue???It's the responsibility of the cabin crew to disarm the door slides, Ramon. If you don't see the status of the doors, the system has broken.... or your aircraft didn't have this option in the first place (many airlines don't).Cheers.Ian.

Yeh but in the crz flight you don't see this message at the EICAS even if the slides are armed.But I understand it now. ;)Thanks for you hulp guys,

>Yeh but in the crz flight you don't see this message at the EICAS even if the slides are armed.Ah... good point, Ramon. Yep, the EICAS Memo messages are not available in the air (air-ground logic, rather than cruise/non-cruise).According to one manual, the memo messages (on the ground) should be:DOORS AUTO (all doors in auto)DOORS AUTO/MANUAL (some doors in auto, some in manual)DOORS MANUAL (all doors in manual)However, I tried it on a real 400 today and I didn't get the "DOORS AUTO/MANUAL" to appear (I put both Upper Deck doors into AUTO).I may have to ask around to see if the manuals need fixing... or the aircraft does!Cheers.Ian.

Guest Matze2912

That's cool... We try those things in the sim, and you just take the real aircraft and place some doors in auto or manual to have a look at the EICAS Messages... :-cool Matthias