Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scott Campbell

I was just poking around on Boeing's website

Guest tcable

And I made an interesting discovery- Northwest has ordered 16 757-300's (in 2001) whihc will make them the largest operators of the type. I have no idea of their delivery slots at this time of course, they also ordered A330's too to replace their DC-10's...Tim

Yup, old news. Here are a couple of shots from my training trip to Boeing. I posted more a while back in the screenshot forum.This a/c is named after Bernie Epple, she was a Flight Attendant for NWA for 55 years. She just passed away on March 24, 2002. This is the #1 B757-300 that will enter our fleet on August 1, 2002.

http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d2111b51c5506f6.jpgJay....:-waveNWA Line Maintenance KDFW NW KLM WORLDWIDE RELIABILITY

Guest tcable

Now that I can appreciate :) Having expereinced both Narrow Boeings and Airbus, Both as a PAX and virtual pilot, I still like the Boeing Logic better, but the 'Bus is a little wider inside, and the things still dutch roll for hours on end :0 That and I hear that newer A3xx have a buzzing in the elevator that Airbus is not interested in correcting.Tim

Guest Scott Campbell

Jay,That's lovely of NWA to give her that tribute.The one thing that concerns me about the 753 has always been the time to load. It already takes forever with the -200, with people screwing around and that single narrow isle. I can only imagine the -300 is going to take forever to get everyone seated, especially with airlines like United where they move people all around the thing to get more people on.It seems to me that a 763 would be far more efficient.What's your best take on how long it takes to load everyone on this with a full load?

Guest Scott Campbell

Geez, these rumors just don't stop, do they? :-rollI am getting so sick of this Boeing vs. Airbus stuff. There's several threads in the Hangar Chat forum with this kind of thing.Let's say Airbus goes out of business. Boeing will never improve a single aircraft - ever. They won't develop high-speed cruise craft. They won't fix anything they have. They will charge DOUBLE what they do now, and airlines will have to charge $1000 for a steerage ticket to Des Moines.Ask yourself when Boeing finally started to develop "Next Generation" aircraft and improve their products.I know if Airbus were here and Boeing were in Europe, everyone would jump on the "Boeing is crap" bandwagon.Here's a thought. If you're starting a sentence with "I hear..." don't write it unless you have the data to back it up. Just a thought.