Sign in to follow this  
Guest zdfan1

Getting mad about creat my first flight plan in FMC

Guest zdfan1

Hi, everyone: I bought PMDG 737 800/900 and FSNAV 4.6 just one week ago, and now I am getting crazy to creat a complete flight plan in FMC just for a very short trip. Can someone please please show me a complete example with steps of how to creat a complete flight plan in FMC between 2 airports, including SID/STAR connection with route. I know there r some data need to be put in to ROUTE page (VIA TO), and I can get airways code and VOR,NDB ID from FSNAV, get SID/STAR from DEP/ARR page, but where to put them? how? How about more flexable flight plan? what else ID CODE do I need to know? intersections? PLEASE HELP ME, THANKS ALOT.

Guest hlm65

Hi,just a few rapid steps:1-have your flight plan written down (printed by FSNAV ? I use FSBuild and it can import directly to PMDG Flightplan folder the created FP). Let's make an example: KDEN-KLAX KDEN ROCKI4 HBU J128 PGS J64 CIVET CIVET4 KLAX2-open your FMC and type KDEN in dep and KLAX in arr3-goto to DEP/ARR, select KDEN DEP, select a runway and see what SIDs are appearing: you should see ROCKI4 (or 3,depends on which procedure update you have installed), select ROCKI4, you should see the transitions too, select HBU4-go back to ROUTE page, input via J128 to PGS then via J64 to CIVET5-open again the DEP/ARR page, select KLAX ARR, select a runway/appch, select the appropriate STAR, you should find CIVET4 STAR. 6-goto LEGS pages, you should have the complete routing (that is. SID/enroute with all the enroute intersections/STAR/appch and missed approach). Clear any disco.7-activate the route8-input your GW/Fuel(check if you are using LBS/KGS and what is written in you flight plan)/Reserves/cost index/forecast enroute winds/forecast enroute temp (these from some weather addon, such as AS2004)/cruising level: activate9-go to the N1 settings, put assumed temp or derated to/clb or leave full thrust (depends on your weight/runway condition/temperatures and so on)10-go to TAKEOFF page, set flaps, click beside the V speeds to have the FMC compute V1/VR/V211-remeber to carry adequate fuel and you're doneHappy flights.

Guest zdfan1

Thank u very much. Just 2 more things: how can I get the route description such as KDEN-KLAX KDEN ROCKI4 HBU J128 PGS J64 CIVET CIVET4 KLAX? How to open the cockpit door? thanks

>> Thank u very much.>> Just 2 more things: how can I get the route description>such as> KDEN-KLAX KDEN ROCKI4 HBU J128 PGS J64 CIVET CIVET4>KLAX?>>> How to open the cockpit door?>> thanks> Tell you what, if you do this http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=136&topic_id=65744&mesg_id=65744&page= Then you will get answers from us ;-)Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Guest hlm65

Hi,I don't know how your flight planner is depicting your route, this format is quite standard, dep airport+ SID + en route segment + STAR + arr. airport.If you do a search in the Flight Plan Forum here at AVSIM, you''l find plenty of real world flight plans, mainly in this form.