Sign in to follow this  
Guest nattydread

How do I get the radio-altimeter to repeatedly report the 50ft warning?

Guest nattydread

Though I like doing actual flights, I also enjoy to repeated hand flown touch and go's. I set up the ILS in the FMC for the initial approach, but subsequent approaches to not provide me with my radio-alitimeter call out. Its fine for the first few, but after a while the altimeter settings change and my altimeter is off a bit. I'd be ok with the small descrepanies on my altimeter if I could monitor them, but I cant for the life of me figure out how to monitor both Comm1 and Comm2 so I could have the ATIS going in the background without missing my Tower call.

What version of the 737 are you running? the -600/700 or the -800/900 upgrade?

Guest nattydread

Im flying the 737-700...with the 800/900 upgrade(if that matters).I just completed my third touch and go and my altimeter is off by about 50-60ft. Im eye-balling the throttle cut to idle. The only good thing is that my approach attitude has me about 5^ nose up, so I dont need to flare much at all.What bugs me the most is that Tower should be giving me altimeter(especially if it has changed) and winds when they clear me to land on downwind.