Sign in to follow this  
Guest arabia320

Help to write procedure

Guest arabia320

Hi All,I am trying to write procedure for VABB ILS Rwy 27. The PMDG SID/STAR update does not include ILS for Rwy27. They have it for RWY09.I added new fixes to the VABB.txt file in the SID/STAR folder of PMDG.When I tried adding the fix in the FMC I get the error "NOT IN DATABASE". I have prepared a fictitious missed approach procedure for RWY27. I have attached the VABB file so you can have a look and correct my mistake.Waiting for your response.

FIXES defined in SIDSTAR files are not recognized by the FMC as "navdata". They are simply usable with that particular SID/STAR only.

Guest stang

Hi What's your name? Your first post I see. For future reference you need to sign your posts with your real name as per forum rules.Several things going on here so I will use the broad spectrum reply. If some don't apply, just ignore. 1. Since you used the 0312 cycle for your template you might not be aware of the updates available. Go to either my site at http://home.sw.rr.com/filesherenow/index.html or the PMDG site and download the terminal procedures (SIDs, STARs and IAPs) cycle 0413. Read the "Read this first.txt" file that comes with the download for install instructions plus other info about the terminal procedures. Then read the "Updating Terminal Procedures explained.txt" file also included in the download. This will explain how to best update your terminal procedures and navaid/airport data in the future.2. The current terminal procedures Cycle 0413 already has an ILS/DME approach for runway 27.3. Please read the copyright restrictions in the "Read this first.txt" file. Amongst other restrictions this provides instructions about how to change the header in the procedures file when you modify them.4. It looks to me that you properly defined the fixes you used in your DILS 27 procedure. I loaded your procedures file into the 737NG and selected your DILS27. I did not get any "NOT IN DATABASE" error. Maybe using the, I presume, default navaid/runway database that came with the 737NG caused the problem.RegardsTerry

Guest arabia320

Hi Terry,My name is Nishant. I am a Flight Dispatcher. I am from India. I like your work. Thanks for your reply. Regards,Nishant Rao.