Sign in to follow this  
Guest HowardP

Vnav 800/900

Guest HowardP

Hello All,bought 737ng last week and downloaded 800/900 yesterday...great product! In 737ng whilst planning a flight the fmc works out the vnav speeds no problem...after I installed 737 800/900 update the fmc no longer calculates the "autospeeds" for the legs. Any help to get the fmc to start recalculating the speed would be great as it's driving me mad....I'm sure I've missed something basic but please help..Howard

Guest Hawkeyeted

Howard,I can probably help, but I need a little more information. Which speeds are you saying the FMC is not calculating; climb, cruise, or descent? Remember, if you are using VNAV for the descent and are in PATH mode, the speeds go out the window../R,Ted Barkley

Guest HowardP

Ok Ted,How I programe the FMC...first I go to the crz page and enter the altitude eg. 320.I then go to the RTE page and enteregcc/lows RWY24L No.345A for example..I then go to the RTE second page and enter some way points....HON DVRKOKFFM etcI then activate the flight plan...In 737NG when I check the LEGS page the FMC has calculated the leg altitudes AND the leg speeds and entered them in "small case" as apposed to bold when they are pilot entered. When I take off and select LNAV and VNAV all goes well and a TOC and a TOD are calculated and shown on the nav MFD and the autopilot responds accordingly.When I check the leg page after installing the 737-800/900 package the FMC has calculated the altitude for the legs but not the SPEEDS!! as it did before the upgrade it also does NOT display the TOC and TOD on the NAV display!If you could do the above and tell me if your FMC calculates the SPEED for the legs as well as the altitudes.Please stick with this...H

Guest Hawkeyeted

You need to enter your cruise altitude via PERF INIT page, not the CRZ page. After you activate your route, then next page is the PERF INIT page. Look at the upper right softkey (R1). That is where you enter your cruise altitude.Once you are in flight and need to modify your cruise alt, do so via the CRZ page.Hope this helps!

Guest HowardP

Thanks Fellas,I'm ok with the fmc altitudes its the speed that has been the problem..James what's the CI and where do you enter it...this could be my problem..ThanksH

Guest HowardP

Yeah yeah yeah....COST INDEX......YEAH.....happy days....yeah...thanks fellas i've got auto speeds...yeah.....trouble is I'm bored of the thing now!!! lol...is there an averge cost index?Thanks again Howard.

Howard,Basically any CI between 20 and 100 seems possible.You are bored of the NG??? It seems you still have some time before your type rating! ;-) Maybe you should try Half-Life 2 or something a little bit more fast-paced. :-)Hope it helps,

Guest HowardP

LOLCOD is the "other" game...47 seems to work well in CIH