Sign in to follow this  
afraj

Sudden Movement About FS2004

Hey you guys i was just on a flight from Casablanca to Marseille on a PMDG 737 and my aircraft was over stressed and it's do to that sudden movement i guess from weather and the airspeed rises and altitude dropes or rises up i am sure you guys know what i am talking about. Does anybody know what to do about that to make it stop. let me add that i was getting automatic updates from the web during my flight. Best Regards Adib Afraj

what's the gentelman's name that made several manuals that described flights on the 737 PMDG i want to get his file from avsim but i am not sure of it's name; i have tried using PMDG or 737 search and i couldn't find it.Best Regards Adib Afraj

Guest GCrossley

I think you mean Timothy Metzinger.RegardsGraham Crossley

If you have a registered version for FSUIPC, use the wind change function to smooth the sudden winds aloft changes that can happen when FS updates the weather. Do a search on the forum, there are a few posts that contain further details and information on this issue.

Guest jettjokk

Adib,IMHO you have ponted out a serious defect in the FS9 weather engine.I have deliberately created a flight that will cross a cold front. Ordinarily one just expects a slow swing of the wind direction from before the front until after it passes. Here in the US the warm front has mostly southerly winds before an approaching cold front. As the front passes the wind should gradually swing from south around past west to northwest. I think cold fronts act the same everywhere in the world. But when flying in the vicinity of the front using static real weather (no updates) the FS9 weather engine is still going to change the weather. What I have seen is a series of 10-20 nm distances over which the wind aloft swings a full 360 degrees. Sort of a series of wind shear rings. Doubt that actually happens in reality. With high winds aloft and those fast wind direction swings I'm not surprised what happened. In reality extreme wind shear is broadcast as a SIGMET or PIREP to warn pilots to avoid.I even tried flying through a front once not downloading winds aloft.There were no wind shear rings but now the pressure must have been baving the same way because the plane kept descending/climbing a little and ATC started with the "you are 300 feet below your assgned altitude" routine. But by the time I set the climb/descent in the MCP ATC would call again and this time I would be above my assigned altitude. This cyclical phenomena occurred over the same distance as the winds rings at the same cycle rate. So I am blaming the weather engine. I currently have weather changes at the default of medium. Wonder what would happen if I increased or decreased the weather change rate.