Sign in to follow this  
Guest shaheedan

ILS/DME on Nav 1 on 737-800 PMDG

Guest shaheedan

Hai all,Anybody know on why when i tune ILS frequency on Nav 1, within the ILS sensitivity area (20nm from touchdown),i set APP on EFIS control panel, My ND not display DME for my ILS frequency.that's mean i have to refer to my VOR/DME distance that i set in Nav 2.When i change to default 737 in FS9, on nav 1 it's appear the DME for the ILS that i set.Please adviseRegards,Shaheedan Bin Abdul WahabOil Town, Malaysia

Guest Zapper

Most ILS around the world have a co-locatd DME and when u tune ILS freq you get teh DME as well even though it is transmitted on a discrete freq.There are some that don't and if I have any criticsm of Mr Boeing at all it is that he didn't incorporate a 'DME HOLD' function in the aeroplane.. most if not all GA and turboprop aeroplanes have it.To use DME hold you dial up the DME freq and then press HOLD on the Nav box then tune ur ILS freq. So you keep the DME up as well as get LLZ/GS info.The work around in the 737 is to use Nav 2 say on the DME freq or just take you distance infor from a FIX page.Not ideal but it works just fine. Having said that there are relatively few non DME equipped ILS in the wrold anyway.Rgds,