Sign in to follow this  

CH Yoke & Pro Throttle

Has anyone used the Ch Yoke USB,Ch Pro Pedals USB with the (Ch Pro Throttle ). If so what advantage can the throttle provide as far as programming the buttons for FS2002. I want to order the yoke and pedals but need to know if throttle would be a great advantage with all the programable buttons available on it. (PS Would like to BUMP this 2 Times but don't know how) Thanks Chuck

I've got all three, and I really like having the throttle separate from the yoke and having a number of extra buttons and hats to assign functions to. I wouldn't fly without it at this point.Having said that, there are a couple of caveats. The throttle is set up like a fighter throttle meant to be used with a joystick, so as far as realism goes for most planes you might use in FS, it's not optimal. It is also, therefore, left handed, making it even less realistic.That being said, I still think it's a good option for people who don't want to spend the big bucks to get the realistic throttle/prop/mixture quadrant controller.

I have the USB Pro Throttle and am very happy with it - its throttle action is unmatched as compared to (for instance) the Thrustmaster Cougar, which I bought, quickly sold, and went back to the Pro Throttle. I find its smooth mechanical action is essential to fly helicopters, for instance. Also, the CH Control Manager works well for programming each switch/hat/axis to do whatever you want. It can even be used while FS2004 is running to re-assign something - e.g. the main throttle axis direction, which is handy for (again) helicopter control.However, if you fly twin or multi-engine aircraft, you might want to wait for CH's upcoming multi-axis throttle quadrant. For what it is, it is very reasonably priced as compared to the competition (under $150 at some of the CH resellers I've checked). You can see a preview photo on CH's site: http://www.chproducts.com/retail/index.html . But, they've told me that the final version (the photo is of the prototype) will come with colored knobs for the mixture and prop levers.My only reservation about it is that it's a desk edge-mount affair, but we'll see how that works out in practice. I'm definitely getting one.Edit: When I wrote the above, I did not consider that the original poster has the CH Yoke. Note that the Quadrant is specifically designed to "match" the Yoke, which is why it has the desk-edge mount. The front switches and the axis levers are positioned to be "even" with those on the Yoke. So it should work well next to it.Dave Blevinshttp://www.flightfactory-simulations.com/h...ster_banner.jpg

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack