Sign in to follow this  
DarkCharizma

FMC names differ from FS9!

I have a problem with the names of some intersections at Arlanda (ESSA), Stockholm, and Kastrup (EKCH), Copenhagen. I downloaded the SID/STARs for those airports from www.navdata.at. I have checked, and everything in those SID/STARs are the same as the real-world ones. My problem is that the names of the intersections is not the same as the names in FS, and some of the intersections are missing in FS. I was able to find some of the intersections when I was trying to make the flightplan in the FS flightplanner, but as I said, they have different names, so it's a bit difficult. I had to re-install FS a couple of days ago, and the first time I noticed this was when I had the default ESSA, which is out of date, it's missing a runway, so I thought that installing my "Scandinavian Airports 2"-package maybe would fix it, but it did nothing. I also downloaded a EKCH-scenery, that one didn't do anything either. Is there any way to update the names and stuff in FS?I have the latest (0501) AIRAC cycleAll help appreciated.//Klas Bj

Guest Hawkeyeted

Great question Klas! Unfortunately, its a limitation of FS9.You can't update the FS9 nav info. Your problem is also duplicated at Miami. The runways have been renumbered in real life, and even though they can be updated with AFCAD, you can't update the navdata in FS9. ATC stills directs via the old runway numbering system.Hopefully in the next version of FS, they'll release an SDK that allows us users to update nav info the same way that many commercial add-ons are.