Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pittsburgh

Slightly OT: The push back gauge

Guest Pittsburgh

Hi, I just downloaded the latest push back gauge from Mr. Martin (version 1.3.6 and the hotfix). I tried to install the gauge according to the instructions I found in this forum. However, all I get is the toggle icon on the centre post, but nothing happens when I click it. Any ideas?The panel.cfg looks as follows (I have added the entries below both to the panel and the panel.VC):{Window Titles}Window17=Pushback{Window01}:gauge26=Atn!Toggle,990,217,16,16, 15123{Window17} //PushBack gaugesposition=8position=8background_color=92,92,92size_mm=300, 272window_size=300, 192visible=0sizeable=1ident=15123gauge00=atn!Pushback, 0,0,300,80,15123gauge01=atn!Scale, 0,80,300,56gauge02=atn!Electric, 0,136,300,56gauge03=atn!Ambient,0,192,300,80The curly brackets are replaced by square brackets.Thanks,BoazEKCH

Guest horrgakx

What does the PushBack guage do?DaveW

Guest horrgakx

What does the PushBack guage do?DaveW

Guest Pittsburgh

The most important thing the pushback gauge does is to allow you to have control over the aircraft as you push back. That means you can steer the direction (using your rudder control) while the plane pushes back. This is a big plus when compared to the way MS has implemented its pushback: The plane will go one full plane length before it will turn 90 degrees left or right. Using the gauge, you can set the speed of the push back, the gauge can control your throttles and brakes such that you can maintain a designated taxi speed. A good add-on if you ask me :-)Boaz

Hi BoazThis is the entry I run in my panel.cfg for Etienne's pushback gauge and it works for me:======================{Window17}BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0size_mm=300, 410 // overall size of panel window (width x height)position=8 // bottom right positionvisible=0 // make this 1 to make it visible on startupident=15123 // this must match the last param in atn!togglegauge00=Atn!Pushback,0,0,300,80,15123gauge01=Atn!Scale,0,80,300,80gauge02=Atn!Electric,0,160,300,170gauge03=Atn!Ambient,0,330,300,80======================HTHPaul Croft10 miles SE of EGLL