Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gzr_GreenBean

Slightly dazed and confused.........

Guest Gzr_GreenBean

Tonight I departed Boeing Field on a delivery flight of a -800 NG to KDAL, I was departing South and in the process of getting to the Raddy Inx to join J-20, the aircraft banked to 30 degrees, even tho I had the bank angle limiter set to 25 degrees. I was in LNAV and VNAV modes on the MCP, all was well and a turn was appropriate, but why didn't the limiter prevent an overbank situation? Other informatio: I was leaving 8000' for 11,000' assigned, at 249KIAS. Flight Keeper dinged me good for this and a perfect flight score was lost due to overbank. I can live with that, but now I am doubting the wisdom of using the auto pilot for departures. Any Ideas? Thanks,Bill Ehmig

with this package, and as per the real aircraft - the bank limiter does not inhibit any LNAV functions. LNAV is in no way capable of sensing the MCP bank limiting settings, those are utilized for non LNAV heading selected modes only.it has been discussed on this forum previously, suggest a search if you would like to know more.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest Gzr_GreenBean

Thanks, Mike, This is good information and will keep me from problems in the future. I am just learning about modern avionics, all of my flying was done with steam, and some even using a yaw string to ensure coordinated turns.:) I will try the search funtion in the future, but so far it has buffaloed me, must bethat I was using the wrong search string.Bill Ehmig