Sign in to follow this  
Guest gremel

CH Yoke (Analog style)

Guest gremel

I currently have an 'analog-type' CH Yoke product and was wandering if it is worth upgrading to the 'USB-type' CH Yoke. Would it be worth it to upgrade even further if there is not that much difference in the (analog vs.USB) type and get another brand?If it is worth it to upgrade to a different brand, does anybody know of a good yoke that would really fit in nicely with the current PMDG 737 NG's? There hasn't been any new releases on Yoke products in quite some time....Maybe there is no need to concentrate on this aspect of the simulation, but I would like to have one that is a little more realistic than the CH analog type that I currently have without putting out an excessive amount of $$. Regards,jack

Certainly,The advantage of using the 'USB' connections are that, they are compatible with the use of the 'CHpro Pedals'.Whereas the 'game port' connection aren't.All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest gremel

Could you elaborate a little more on the compatibility issue. I also have the CH pedals that are also analog and functional with the PMDG software. I just wanted to know if the USB would give you a better sense of flying the aircraft than the analog type.Regards & thanks for your reply.jack

Sorry no, I can't confirm whether your game-port connected Yoke will be more responsive than the USB type.I tried a Friends analogue yoke and could see no difference in control. The USB connection caters for more control functions, as you no doubt know?All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest gremel

Thanks for all your support.Regards,jack