Sign in to follow this  
Guest over and out

right engine start problem

Guest over and out

I did a search on the site for this but could not find a topic, I'm sure it's here some where?Anyhow, I have been following the "quick start" tutorial in the manual, and for some reason the right engine will not start and shows "low oil pressure" However, the left engine starts fine?Also, it starts fine if I just use the "E" for a start up, as in the default MSFS2004. So in sumary: the left starts fine, but then I have to use the "E" key to get the right started. Then I can move on as normal and fly.Any thoughts?Thanks, James

James,Yes, I have one thought here. Did you check to see that your ISOL VALVE was open? If it's CLOSED you don't get any bleed air to the right side of the aircraft and you will not be able to start your right engine.Hope it helps,

Guest frankathl

Interesting, Mats. Looking at the Bleed Air schematic, I see, of course, you are right. During flight, bleed air is supplied by each engine to left and right sides of the aircraft respectively, so the Isolation Valve is closed. Is that right?Thanks,Frank

You got it Frank! ;-)Cheers,

Guest over and out

Thanks,I'll try this out and let you know. :-)

Guest over and out

Thanks! that was the problem. I just turned the center ISO to open instead of "auto" and the engine started. PMDG should note that the Intro Flight instructions read: "Switch the 3 ISO valves to 'auto'" (bottom of page 34). This drove me crazy, thanks again!

Guest frankathl

James, the ISOLATION VALVE ahould also work in AUTO.Are you sure you have turned BOTH Packs OFF before starting the engines?Incidentally, I think it should also work with just the RIGHT Pack OFF for starting engine No 2(?)BR,Frank

Frank et alWith ISO VLV in AUTO any one of the corner switches in OFF will cause the ISO VLV to OPEN. If all four corner switches are ON the ISO VLV will CLOSE. Corner switches are LEFT BLEED, LEFT PACK, RIGHT PACK and RIGHT BLEED.Hope it helps,

Guest over and out

Thanks everyone for the help.:-cool