Sign in to follow this  
Guest rds_mcleod

Heads Up on Level-D uninstall!

Guest rds_mcleod

Here's a heads up on removing Level-D:After requesting a refund, I followed the removal process diligently (as instructed) and as a result lost all my working installations for the Flight_1 Meridian, ATR, PFMG, Meridian, and UT. Interesting though, PFMG - which is not a Flight One product-, was the first to go down and needed a complete re-install. The loss appeared to be due to removing "any elements that are installed through any menus provided by the program you purchased" (the Level-d 767). In doing this, I simply followed the UN-install procedure, and removed the "elements' in the c:Flight One folder as directed and which were labelled appropriately. As a result, the PMDG install cratered. A re-install fixed the problem, but upon trying to run the ATR I found another load of gauge file issues that required IT to be installed, as well as the Meridian. Consequently, after uninstalling them, my entire FS9 installation was crap, and will require hours of blatant torment to restore them to working order. The ATR re-install appears to have caused most of the problems, but UTraffic is now useless as well.My experience may be just 'bad luck' that precipitated the unbelievable damage I've just endured, but I doubt it. As many of your are are aware, re-installing a number of these add-ons, is an involved process and is definitely something I DID NOT want to do, and should not be undertaken lightly! Although I had a Ghost image, it appears the copyright within the C:Flight One folder is tough.At least that's my story until I hear a better one. ;-) ~~ Ron McLeod CYEG

That's crazy! I'd be pretty mad, LOL. I heard some people had issues with the PMDG missing a gauge file after installing the Level-D. I don't get that at all, but I don't understand an uninstall effecting the other stuff either.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest rds_mcleod

You got that right. The first thing to happen was the loss of the PMDG_737main.gau which meant a re-install. Then when I later went to run the Flight One ATR - same thing. Re-installed then, and then got a failure on the Meridian. Then a total screw-up of the graphics with constant stuttering. The last time this happened it was a complete re-install of everything! I'm begining to think that with the complexity of some of these add-ons, coupled with the plethora of copyright protection, and slow help due to the shear volume of add-ons under the Flight One banner, that I'm going to curtail buying them. I await the PMDG releases hoping the access to files is as reasonable as the NG. At the moment, guess what I'm doing? ;-(~ Ron CYEG

Guest TrafficTraffic

This sounds like a matter for Flight 1 support. It's their installer and uninstaller.Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)

Guest rds_mcleod

Lee:Of course you're right, but it's been my experience that trying to get an answer in a reasonable amount of time is difficult. Frankly, I don't know how the number of support people Flight One has can keep up, and I think this is the reason for spotty support. The very complexity of the userbase (hardware, accessories, etc) make for slow response. Couple this with a very basic ON-LINE HELP system which offers limited case response between support and the end user, and the process of getting help is particularly challenging. It's easier to strip the system down and start over which, as I'm sure you're aware, is frustrating to say the least. It looks like It looks like I'm faced with completely removing FS9!The forums can be great, but if you're problem goes beyond re-install or whatever, you're dead. When I removed the product, access to the forum is no longer available. You must be a registered user to get into the system. Not smart.In the meantime, I've advised Level-D of my problems and we'll see if an advisory is issued. ;-)~~ Ron CYEG

Guest TrafficTraffic

OK, here is what I think is happening, and it is a problem with the LDS 767 uninstaller. The problem is that the 767 uninstaller is removing the FS9TCAS2v7.dll file, and then the NG (if you've installed the 800/900 upgrade) will not load. I surmise the exact same thing would happen to the ATR and any panel using my TCAS IVSI (since they all use my TCAS2v7.dll file).I will make Level-D/Flight1 aware of this problem.In the mean time, rather than reinstalling the 737, I think you should be able to drop the attached TCAS2v7.dll file into your main FS9 folder. Do not put it in Modules or any other subfolder. I just tried this process several times, and after uninstalling the 767, I was able to restore 737 functionality by simply reinstalling TCAS2v7.dll.Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)

Guest rds_mcleod

>with the LDS 767 uninstaller. The problem is that the 767>uninstaller is removing the FS9TCAS2v7.dll file, and then the>NG (if you've installed the 800/900 upgrade) will not load. I>surmise the exact same thing would happen to the ATR and any>panel using my TCAS IVSI (since they all use my TCAS2v7.dll>file).>>I will make Level-D/Flight1 aware of this problem.>>In the mean time, rather than reinstalling the 737, I think>you should be able to drop the attached TCAS2v7.dll file into>your main FS9 folder. Do not put it in Modules or any other>subfolder. I just tried this process several times, and after>uninstalling the 767, I was able to restore 737 functionality>by simply reinstalling TCAS2v7.dll.Lee: Thanks for your research, Lee. I have advised the refund people of my problems but obviously didn't have anything descriptive for them other than the crash. I reinstalled FS9 over the existing files and got lockups which crapped all over the desktop TWICE. I then chose another drive for a replacement installation and I'm in the process of re-installing FS9, SP-1, then the Flight One UT files, PMDG, SP1, ATR SP1, Meridian and so on. Your post is probably worth a sticky on the Level-D/F1 site. Are you associated with them?Thanks,~~ RON - CYEG

Guest Matze2912

Lee is correct... I got the same problem and after downloading the tcas.dll and .ini from avsim all was working again.. no reinstall needed..Matthias

Guest rds_mcleod

Hi, Matthias:Great! I'm glad you guys found the fix for this issue. Mine was obviously a little more involved, but at least people who want to uninstall the product for whatever reason have the information to do so safely.~~ Ron - CYEG

Guest monsoon

Man WHY would you even consider uninstalling the 67.