Sign in to follow this  
Guest stingray_077

Icing on the windscreen

Guest stingray_077

Hello there fellow simmers!While I was browsing this extremely interesting website concerning the 737 series ( http://www.b737.org.uk/ ),and while I was in the "Ice & Rain Protection" section,I came up with a realy interesting idea:Is there any way to recreate visually the icing effect around the column between the two windshiels(see picture below)?Maybe it could be a gauge that,depending on the temperature and other weather data,it would show this effect,and even expand the icing depending on the how low the temp is.And of course,somehow this gauge might interact with the window heating system in the overhead.I do a lot of flights in Scandinavia and I would like to see that effect.I know this whole thing might sound really farfetched,and I don't know if such a gauge can even be brought to "life",but it really sounds interesting.Any ideas?_____________________________________HFC077 GEORGIOS "STINGRAY" ARKOUZISHELLENIC AIRFORCE COMMAND VIRTUAL304 TACTICAL TRANSPORTATION UNIT,R&D

Guest stingray_077

well,here's the picture... :)http://www.b737.org.uk/windscreenice.jpg_____________________________________HFC077 GEORGIOS "STINGRAY" ARKOUZISHELLENIC AIRFORCE COMMAND VIRTUAL304 TACTICAL TRANSPORTATION UNIT,R&D

Georgios,As far as I know, Stellan Hilmerby, the creator fo the excellent freeware DC9-21/41 panel, was the first one to implement this in his panel for FS2004. And I think some payware add-ons has this functionality as well.To check the DC9 panel, (It's excellent even without the icing;-)), go and download here: www.hilmerby.comCheers,

Guest stingray_077

Just visited the page you suggested!Very interesting info about SAS in general.Indeed,a panel well done!But unfortunately I have been "grounded" due to "maintenance"(my pc monitor decided to go "towards the light" :) ) so I won't be able to try it for the next days...However,are you aware of any already made gauges or effects of this sort that could be implemented in the NG panel?Is that also included in the DC9 panel you pointed me to?Thanks for your reply!______________________________________________Georgios Arkouzis SX077http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg