Sign in to follow this  
Guest vernonb4

Runway nomenclature

Guest vernonb4

Good day all...There was a time when there were only two kinds of runways designated on my FMC's arrivals page ie "4L" or "ILS4L".Since up grading the system I now find such things as "RNAVNP04L","ILS1114IT", and "DILS04"I don't know what government agency got in the act here, but I am truly mystified and can use a little explanation.. Vernon Brown

Guest hlm65

Hi,should be:"RNAVNP04L" = RNAV (GPS) Rwy 04L /with RNP (Required Navigation Performance)...that is: an approved vertical guidance perfomed by GPS and your FMC to creat a "virtual" glideslope down to approximately cat.I minima"ILSIII14"= cat 3 ILS Rwy 14"DILS04"= ILS-DME approach Rwy 04.Best regards.

Guest vernonb4

Thank you, Enrico, this has been a puzzle for some time now. If you have a moment I would appreciate knowing what manual or website I might read further on this.... ....Vernon

Guest mangold

Hello allI'm as well interested in a reply to Vernon's question.G

Guys, This is an interesting thread and the Stoenworks site is very helpful. However, I am still a little lost with the "RNAVNP04L" = RNAV (GPS) Rwy 04L /with RNP (Required Navigation Performance)...that is: an approved vertical guidance perfomed by GPS and your FMC to creat a "virtual" glideslope down to approximately cat.I minima.Can I actually program this type of approach into FS2004 either using FMC or GPS? There is at least one airport in Australia (YHOT) that only has this type of approach listed in the official Departure and Approach Procedures. Without 'Lat, Lons' of the crucial points given (IAF,FAF's etc) I cannot work out how I can enter 'User defined waypoints' and the like.Any help would be appreciated.RegardsJock McIntyre (YMML)

Jock McIntyre

Guest forever_49ers

Jock,try www.rnprnav.com, its still under construction but there are already some documents to read through, just checked.Steve

Steve, Thanks, I have checked it ot and will keep my eye on it as it continues to expand.RegardsJock McIntyre (YMML)

Jock McIntyre