Sign in to follow this  
Guest chartphred

Still waiting for a product Key I've paid for long ago

Guest chartphred

Hi,I've sent a few emails off to the guys at precision manuals asking for a validation code(? - can't remember exact terminology as I'm now at work) for the B737NG that I downloaded a couple of years ago.Not too happy about the total lack of response to my emails. I'm actually seriously considering purchasing and using the other aircraft they sell. But the response so far hasn't inspired me.I haven't had the time to search through all the other 10 million responses in this forum to find out the reason why I cant activate my product. My computer has gone through many rebuilds (hardware probs and now a new PC) over the last few years, hence the reason I've not used the plane much until now. On top of that my last PC was too slow in the end to really get good use.Now I do wish to use a product I've already paid for and cannot. I really have to say the product activation methodology being used for this sort of software really sucks. When you pay your money you expect to be able to use it straight away. What gives?Thanks,Cheers,David Stewartphred@iinet.net.au

Hello David,Please be patient. Emails are usually answered within 24hours of receipt.<> Relax, we agree with you. That is why it was done away with 2 years ago.If you have downloaded the latest service updates from thePrecision Manuals web site (http://www.precisionmanuals.com),you will not need an activation code to operate the PMDG 737NG. Click on the Downloads tab on the home page.As far as lost products: the following is cut and pasted fromthe Precision Manuals web site:***********************Replacement of a lost PMDG Product: Replacement of Lost Download Products: PMDG offersreplacement products to customers who originally purchased anelectronically delivered product directly from PMDG'swebsite. PMDG is unable to replace lost or user damaged CD media,however we can easily replace a product that was originallypurchased as a download from our website.PMDG provides free product replacement for a period of oneyear from the date of original purchase, provided thecustomer can provide enough identifying information to helpus locate the customer order within our records!Please send a detailed email to:updateme@precisionmanuals.com and provide your name,approximate date of purchase, Confirmation ORDER ID (ifpossible!) and any other information that may help usidentify you and your order. DO NOT SEND YOUR CREDIT CARDNUMBER, NOR WILL ANYONE FROM PMDG EVER ASK YOU FOR YOURCREDIT CARD NUMBER. Time Limitation: After the first year of ownership, PMDGmay, at it

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest chartphred

G'day Vin,Look thanks for the quick response.My reason for posting in this forum is that over the last 3 weeks I've sent out 4 emails with my receipts, error message detail, the works, and had zero replies. Not even to merely acknowledge receipt. I sent to two separate email addresses there at pmdg.Sorry if I got shirty, but was just a bit upset at the total lack of response.Had no idea things had changed so much with the aircraft downloads. I still have dial-up at home - adsl long time coming to my neck-o-the-woods.I will try downloading it again and also firing off another email from my hotmail account and see how it goes.Thanks,Cheers,David Stewartphred@iinet.net.au

also firing off anotheremail from my hotmail accountTry some OTHER email provider than hotmail. Hotmail is usually considered as spam AFAIK.

Guest chartphred

Hi,Thanks for the advice. I've fired an email off from my work address.None of the downloads I've tried yet (1.2 to 1.3 svc update) work with upgrading the aircraft.Can't think why my email from home would be hitting spam filters? Never happened before with anyone else, my address has been in use for many years.Thats a first for me!Just itching to get the aircraft loaded properly and working.Oh well. Its hurry up 'n wait time :)Cheers,David