Sign in to follow this  
Guest rpastula

PMDG 737/800/900 vc Dome Light Knob

Guest rpastula

Maybe someone can answer this question for me. Is the Dome light knob,located directly above the Panel lights knob in the center of the overhead panel, supposed to switch to the on position, like the panel lights knob, for more light in the cockpit during night operations. I'm unable to activate it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The dome light knob only functions in the VC and is there to flood the cockpit with light during the daytime due to the unrealistically dark ambient lighting in FS2004.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest rpastula

Ryan,I am flying the 900 VC, can you suggest how I can get the dome light knob to move to the on position. I can't switch it like I can the panel light knob. I understand your response, however, at night the cockpit panel is exceptionally dark. Is there a way to correct this?Thanks again.Ray

Guest mruane

RyanI also have a problem with that Dome light no longer working. I may be wrong but I am sure that it is since the installation of the LDS767. Is there any chance that this could be related.The Dome Light used to work in the -800 and was very useful for lighting up the panel when the sun was in the "wrong" place. But now the knob turns and nothing happens. In addition, the Panel swith and Dome switch (in the VC) seem to work in conjunction with each other. That is to say, if you turn off the Dome switch the Panel switch turns on and vice versa. It is possible to make them work independant of each other but the Dome light just does not turn on regardless.I have tried hitting the the "L" button to recycle the lights but to no avail. Is this looking like a reinstallation is required?

Guest rpastula

Mike,I don't have the LDS767 installed and I just did a complete reinstall of the 737NG and the 800/900 series. I've never been able to get the Dome Light knob to function in the VC. Maybe I'm missing something or doing somthing wrong. Good luck to you with your Dome Light!Ray