Sign in to follow this  
mnmon

CTD with B1900C

I suspect I may be the only one with this problem, but on exiting a flight I get a consistent CTD. FS goes back to the Creat a Flight screen, but never loads the rotating graphic of the B1900C, then goes to a CTD. It also apparently does the same with my other turboprop: Aeroworx B200, which now gives the same symptom. Only started right after installation of the B1900C. any ideas??? Mike

I'd recommend making sure you have the most up to date drivers for your video, sound, motherboard. all windows updates and .net framework. Just a guess and sorry if you already tried this I don't know what else to say

No, they are not up to date, but everything was working fine until the installation of the 1900C. (I'm of the 'if it's not broken, don't fix it school' after previous experience with updating drivers only to find sometimes things got worse) Is there a proper procedure for removing the 1900C? PMDG doens't have a removal tool as in the 737 case. Is there more to removal than just deleting out of the Aircraft folder? Mike

Guest Philip Olson

Start/Control Panel/Add Remove Programs, then find the aircraft in the list and hit remove. If you find that a re-install does not fix it I would say that you have to update your drivers as in this case it is broke. :-) I generally find a good driver and stick with it too but at times you have to upgrade to keep pace with advances in the gaming industry. Well in some cases it is not so much an advance but the drivers have an error and can not handle certain situations and the newer drivers are meant to fix those situations. Usually if you follow the rule of uninstalling your old drivers first and then install your new, things will work out fine. If you need any assistance just yell and I will be happy to help.Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

That's the first place I went, but there's no listing for any of the PMDG planes under the Add/Remove programs. I think that's why PMDG issued the removal tool for the 737. Before I remove the 1990C I want to make sure I really do a complete uninstall. Mike

Guest Philip Olson

Sorry about that, I just assumed that since it had an installer there would be an entry, no more assumptions for me! :-) Sadly I can't help you then, hopefully someone in the know will respond to you shortly.Good luck!Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

you can easily roll back to old drivers if you find something wrong. Being scared of change on a computer means you are going to find CTD and graphic problems galore. If you don't update your drivers, don't expect it to work right. You never know, you might even see better performance?

I've been dealing with computers since the paper tape era, so I'm not really afraid of them; just know better than just to assume what the answer is without going through a step-by-step trouble shoot. I have checked the registry and can find no entries for PMDG, so I'm guessing at this point I can just delete the B1900C from the folder and then take my troubleshooting from there. I'd just like confirmation from someone who knows about performing an de-install of this plane. Mike

Quick update: Just heard from Paul at PMDG. Removal is just what I suspected: delete the folders. So if anyone else needs to do a deletion, that's all there is to it.