Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

Takeoff Speeds for the 737-700

Hi all,There's one thing that puzzles me about the Takeoff speeds chart found in the PDF flight manual. It's on page 10. The takeoff speeds are for the 737-700. To me, they appear to be about 20 knots too low. If you will notice, it shows a maximum weight of 180,000lbs and the maximum takeoff weight for the 737-700 is 153,500lbs, not 180,000lbs. Is this chart taken from the actual 737-700 manual and is this chart accurate? Why is it showing a maximum weight of 180,000lbs when the maximum takeoff weight is 153,500lbs? Something doesn not look right here. I just want to know if this chart is correct based on the real 737-700 flight manual. Ken.

Guest tmetzinger

from a carrier's ops manual:737-700 max takoff weight 154,500 Lbs.So my guess is that this chart is incorrect, or reflects test data outside the normal operating envelope.The other information for the 6/8/9 looks pretty close.

Hi Tim,That was the exact words I was trying to think of. The data is outside the normal operating envelope. I've also noticed that when using the FMC to calculate the V1, VR, and V2 speeds, they're the same speeds as shown in this chart, meaning that the takeoff speeds calculated by the FMC is also 20 knots too low. I don't understand why this chart and the V1, VR, and V2 speeds calculated by the FMC were not corrected for any errors, if they are wrong. If any of you real pilots who fly the 737-700 would post the actual and correct V speeds for this airplane, I would appreciate it. If the V speeds are correct in this chart, I would like to know for sure on that. But I don't think the speeds are correct. I thought this plane was supposed to be, in every aspect, like the real thing.Ken.