Sign in to follow this  
siggy

Cannot enter a PPPBBB/DDD waypoint

Hi,Tried to enter the following into the RTE page:DIRECT KPTDIRECT ALGOIthen:KPT162/23and then the next LSK xRFor the latter I got a "NOT IN DATABASE" error.Am I doing something wrong here ? I guess I must do :-).Cheers,Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

Guest Mike Want

Hi SiggyYou can only enter PBD waypoints on the LEGS page, not on the RTE page.Hope this helpsMike

Guest tmetzinger

>Hi Siggy>>You can only enter PBD waypoints on the LEGS page, not on the>RTE page.>>Hope this helps>>Mikeyou MIGHT try entering the PBD on the FIX page, and then once it names the fix, copy it to the scratchpad and then to the route page. No guarantees.if you enter it on the LEGS page in the appropriate spot, and then clear the DISCO, you'll see it on the RTE pages.

Thanks to all who replied here and directly.I got a bit misled when checking the documentationwhere that functionality is shown on a page titled"ACT RTE LEGS" and my eyes only saw the "RTE" inthe middle and were happy :-).Cheers,Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Am I stupid or what ? I intended to fly from Christchurch (NZCH) to Auckland (NZAA) the other day. So I opened my previously saved PMDG Start Up Cessna flight (everything off, cold and dark) based at NZCH. (Night flight - that's my excuse). Powered up the 737/700 (Air New Zealand livery)and started to prog the FMC - this is where trouble started. Couldn't get the co-ordinates of NZCH to match with LSK1,so decide to ignore it to see what happened (heck - all these computer progs have lots of bugs!!). Then the FMC rejects a number of my waypoints - either not in database or invalid entry etc etc. So I decide to give up, restart the pc and try again - exactly the same thing. So I swear a lot at PMDG and promise not to buy anymore of their products and taxi to the runway for a bit of a fly about. Something not right here ! the runways don't quite match up with the charts and what's that water out there ? Guess what - my previously saved start up flight named Christchurch was in fact Auckland (didn't notice it in the dark especially as the two airport configurations are similar) - no wonder the FMC didn't like it much. Boy did I feel stupid and profound apologies to PMDG who have obviously made a system far more intelligent than me. Moral of the story ? Even with all the checklists and procedures in the world, its still all too easy to forget the obvious !