Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raymond

Tutorials

Guest Raymond

Without going into great detail I downloaded and printed Metzinger's STL to Charlotte. Everything was fine until I reached the Departure page at which point nothing in my FMC matched his. As an example mine has 1/2 indicating two pages and his 1/6 indicating six pages. As all six are used in his I get lost. Further mine has Blues 2 Cards 4 Lindy 2 Ozark3 while his has five with addendum's after each such as Cards5.CAP. I tried going to Metzinger's site but it turns out to be Flyaway or something and no one seems to know what I'm talking about. Believe me, I have been trying to fly your 737 since downloading but I cannot use the FMC. As I purchased both versions of the aircraft recently I have to believe there are no update or upgrades needed....but who knows. (I said without going into great detail didn't I). I now have two tutorials....one for St. Louis and one for New Zealand. Neither can be duplicated even if one goes line by line. The New Zealand chap's effort states (as an example) "Check legs and fix a discontinuities, but there should be none." It goes without saying that I haven't the foggiest what that means. At the end, someone somewhere must have created a tutorial for the FMC for the mentally handicapped. Can you help?

Ryan,This plane a handful before you learn how it works. But you have started in the right end trying to do some tutorials. Now. Tim Metzinger's tutorial was written some years ago. And it comes without saying that the nav aid databases chan ge during this time. I think Tim states in his tutorial that in order to follow his guide by the letter you have to have a certain cycle installed. The Geezer Guide is a guide for the experienced NG sim pilot. It assumes you have knowledge on how the FMC works.There is a good tutorial for the FMC newbie. It's written by Fred Clausen and should be in the AVSIM library. Wait a sec and I'll see if I'll find it......Ah yes here it is:http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=41285Start with this one and have the aircraft manual handy as well. There's a lot of goodies in that one as well. And if you still have questions, don't be afraid to do a search here! ;-)Hope it helps,