Sign in to follow this  

GeForce 4 Ti4400

Please!!!!!!!I'm running a1.1Ghz AMD Anthlon526meg. RamNVidia G4 Ti440029.92 Nvidia DriversWindows MEDirectX 8.1And I'm still getting low framerates 5-6fps while on the ground and 10-12fps in the air. Is there anything I can do to improve my framerates. Anytweaks change is bios what can I do! Thanks

Guest PaulL01

most simple thing you can do is to turn Fs2k2s mesh detail slider down to %87 or less and run with 2xAA or none at all at resolutions at or close to 1280x960x32, you could even go into 16bit color mode but I dont think you will be happy with the image quality.

Guest flightpro08

Also, to add to Paul's and John's points, and I tell this to every GF4 user that I see that isn't terribly trilled with their cards permormance. The GF4 is a very young card and is getting better by the day. With each new driver release, I see my FPS slowly climbing and climbing. Though, I must say, I've been happy with my GF4 Ti4600 ever since I got it and have been getting good FPS. You might want to defrag your disk and clean it up a bit. Sounds to me like you have something running/on your disk that is hampering your system down.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolTaxiwaysigns.com

You all have good suggestions I think that maybe buying XP and running the clean install will defrag my disk. Even when I'm not running FS2k2 my system resources are only 36% free. Wonder Why?

Lack of resources availabe is one of the causes you're not getting great performance from the sim. You must have quite a few things running in the background.I have found XP runs the sim a lot quicker, it loads quicker, but the frames drop a little (Only 1 - 2 fps) I did have MSFS running under Win ME for a while, but not with my current card. It wasn't terribly impressive. XP is a great operating system. Some love it, some hate it.Oh and Ryan, I'm impressed with my GF4 Ti4400 :-hah

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

I have a similar setup to you (except I upgraded from ME to XP Pro)I have the same drivers 29.42 and I get between 12 and 30 FPS...most of my settings are maxxed or near max...What helped me out is that I d/l the GeForce Tweak Utility...I didn't overclock anything, I just clicked on the "quality settings" option -- picture quality, etc. has been wonderful!!Also, Win ME does not like more than 512MB of memory (the tech at MS told me that more than 256MB was questionable)..with ME I would have to restart my system just about daily to get FS to work without lockups, but with XP, I've had no such problems..Hope this helps a little bit!GERobinson

I fixed my problem with the fps kind of. I disabled all of the programs running in the system tray and that freed up my stystem space to about 80% WoW! My fps are also 20-30 wich is a great improvement.

Agree with John, I see a significant increase in fps with XP...