Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoM

Beechcraft navigation?

Guest PoM

Hello, I was thinking of purcahsing the Beechraft 1900, but had a few questions for you. (1) How exactly does the Beechcraft navigate, since it does not have a FMC like the 737? If I wanted to perform a flight in the B1900 from Fort Lauderdale-Bahamas how would I set this up as far as waypoints and such are conserned? (2) What is the typical cruise speed (KIAS) for the B1900? When passing 10,000 feet do I go from 250 knots to 270 knots, and then when I cruise go to a number slightly higher than 270 knots? (3) What are the functions of the autopilot on the B1900D? ThanksChad Moore

Guest Robin.B

1. Flight Simulator GPS2. GPS3. No Idea for that sorry...

Wow, This is uncanny. Last night I finally purchaced the 1900D. My first flight using it was Fort Lauderdale to Freeport, Bahamas. Wanted to check out the new Freeflow Florida addon I downloaded and the Bahamas just seemed like a cool place to go that I hadn't flown. I'm not making that up. Anyway, I used FSNavigator to plot my course and then imported into the default GPS. I cruised at 240 knots at 12000ft for the flight. This was at about 80% torque. The autopilot functions are the same as most of the default aircraft. I found a freeware B1900D checklist on the http://www.dauntless-soft.com site. It is designed for the Mike Stone 2002 freeware B1900, but it gave me a good referance to start with.BRADKGRKhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg

Guest mariner75

Well If you are talking about the 1900d series, you should get it. the model, sounds are good . the panel is OK. But it is good. When i fly i use old fashion VOR navigation. the cruise speed depends on how hight you are. i cruise right below the barber pole(the overspeed line).the climb speeds are explained in the manual that comes with it. the autopilot functions are similar the default KingAir.

Guest brettdonahue

I own the 1900C and love it. (not the same as 1900d but close) I usually fly it when I am not up cruisin around in my Boeing 800. I find it a fun little plane that cruises right along. It might not have the same thrills and gadgets as PMDG's others but I still find it a blast to fly.Bretthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest pwoods

Chad- PMDG did a great job on both the 1900D & C. Both are realistic models, and are fun to fly. You can use the MSFS flight planner to load the FP into the GPS, but I find that to be difficult sometimes when I have to taylor the route. I fly the 1900 the old fasion way, by VOR to VOR. I use the GPS to input a direct-to point, or the first fix on departure, and that works out pretty well. I have the NGs with all the bells and wistles, but I always come back to the 1900 -- Short hauls are so much fun with this bird. Given the modest price, I promise you wont regret the purchase -- enjoy. PJW