Sign in to follow this  
Guest mc.kar

Homebuilt Cockpits vs. 744

A quick question concerning the 744 vs. homebuolt sime cockpits.I expect that it might not be high on the list now but what are the future thoughts about HW interfaces to the 744 simulation engines. Do you think there will be in the future a possibility to access the variables of the simulator through FSUIPC. Perhaps make a SDK like another SIM (which will remain nameless here...lol)???On a somewhat related topic...was it possible to see some kind of list that show what we can expect in the area of assigning keyboardcommands to the various cockpit switches???Best RegardsMichale Christiansen, Karup - Denmark

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No Reply....Thats fair enough...All people that could enlighten us are all busy getting the bird out of the hangar.Have a nice day all of you.. :-)Michael

I'd be interested in seeing a response to this as well but I'm sure more will come once the add-on has actually been released.Even if it's not through FSUIPC itself, an SDK that gets you to the custom variables inside the software would be great -- switch positions as well as the status of all the annunciators around the cockpit.Really would open up the possibilities when you look at all the detailed stuff being put out by Flight Deck Solutions. The cockpit building hobby has come a long way in the last 5 years. It's amazing what could be accomplished.Steve

Hi,The answer I received in Blackpool isn't very promising.The offsets will not be available. As interface connection is in the interest of the hardware builders, it's looks as the initiative has to come from them. I hope they can come up with some kind of agreement with Phidgets or FDS for exemple, as the performance of the B744 is really amazing. Could be the best improvement for us B744 cockpit builders we can think of.CiaoMichel

Hi thereI had it under suspicion that was how it was...i.e. no offsets. Anyway..lets not focus on what might not (or even never) be and instead focus on using it and enjoying it. I have almost finished the designpahve of my own homebuilt cockpit (which is a 747-400 off course...lol). I have prepared it in such a way that I can do all inputs without the use of special HW. That is - whatever PMDG hasn't mapped in (as user assignable keystrokes) I will do myself using Key2mouse. Not so ideal but thats the way Its gotta be I guess. I just hope that all CDU keys are user assignable. I dread the process of assigning K2M to the CDU keys - If I have to do that not to mention it being rather "unelegant" that I would have to keep the CDU visible all the time. But again...lets not focus on what might not be but look forward to all the "firsts" that we will get with this planeBest regardsMichael