Sign in to follow this  
Guest franksalot

PMDG B737-700 - Database

Guest franksalot

I'm very new to the amazing PMDG B737 - so when trying to enter a Route into the FMC I keep getting an 'error' message that says "Not Found in Database" or similar. The Airport is Heathrow, London EGLL - I have updated the SID/STARS Folder and the Waypoints Folder, so I must have done something wrong here. I searched the PMDG SID/STARS Folder but found no trace of EGLL, is it possible that this fairly well know airport has been 'passed over'? :)Could some kind person enlighten me, please?KenSomerset, England

Guest franksalot

OK, I got the answer to that - did you RTFM? err, not properly. Do so and then download the SID/STARS from the Navdata Website. Don't waste my time again. :)KenSomerset, England

Guest franksalot

Nope, still no joy. All I can get from the FMC is 'Not in Database'; looks like the SID/STARS and Waypoint Folders are not being recognised (found) by the MFC. Strange really, because they are both in the PMDG Folder which is properly sited in the Fs9 Directory.Anybody have the solution, pleas?KenSomerset, England

Ken,did you download and install the most current airac database (airac 0506) and if so, does it show on the FMC first page?Robert

Guest franksalot

Hi Robert,Thanks for your reply.I have downloaded and installed the latest Sids/Stars and the Airac database in their respective folders. However, the FMC Ident page has a line that says "Navdata. Installation required Active N.A."It looks like the FMC cannot find the info? I'm baffled.Ken

Ken,Have you try uninstalling and reinstalling your pmdg software - perhaps your default sub-directories have changed? There is a special PMDG uninstall utility available to do this. Are you using a very standard FS9 install? From what i can see, the FMC obviously does not find the proper sidstar directory - I tried to look for any ini file but can't find any that would indicate where the sidstars are...Robert

Guest franksalot

Hi Robert,That's good thinking, it does look like something is all twisted up. I'll download the Removal Tool and get to work on it tomorrow. I'll report back as soon as I get it sorted (or not!)Ken

Guest franksalot

Hello Robert,Yes, the re-instqall worked fine, the FMC now recognises the Navdata and the Sids/Stars. The problem appeared to be that the FMCWP Folder was inside the PMDG folder and not in the Fs9 Directory! How it got there I'm not sure; it's likely that I put it there during 'fiddling' sessions. As for the Sid/Stars all I did was to completely empty the folder then re-install the latest Update.Thanks very much for your support, you have done a fine job.KenSomerset, England