Sign in to follow this  
Guest alexhn

hyd pressure and 744

Guest alexhn

i was at EGLL the other day, and while observing the 744s parked at the gate (in cold and dark) i noticed that all the ailerons and elevators were 'limp' and hanging down. Is this 'limpness' caused by the lack of hydraulic pressure, and if so, will this be modelled on the PMDG 744?

HI alexThe same happens with the 767, and proberbly with most others. This should be implemented.

Guest alexhn

>This should be implemented.Yes! hopefully, as it would make the 744 experience even more real, especially when performing an exterior check :)

Guest Flightfreak

This has something to do with the hydraulic pressure, you're right. I think this is a good moment for me to lend a hand to everybody, if you have a technical question about an airplane, send me an e-mail, and I will answer, if I don't know the answer, I'll look it up for you.Looking forward to some questions,Greetz,Michael Henke

Guest alexhn

i don't know how to email you so i will just ask here. Why would a crew use the System 4 hydraulic pump over the regular demand pumps, or at least pumps 2 and 3 (which can be run on electricity, just like the sys 4 aux pump),

Guest alexhn

can someone from PMDG please verify the status of whether 'limp' control surfaces will be modelled or not?

Guest FattyBear

They probably will be limp. If the control surfaces become too limp, you can give the 747 a pill that will straighten them up. If this lasts for more than 4 hours, however, please see a mechanic.

Guest alexhn

ha....ha.... :)but seriously, i wonder whether pmdg modelled this or not; and it might not be because they leave it out - it might be fs limitations... thats why i ask if they did or not :(