Sign in to follow this  
Mats_J

Misc screenies

Gents - I took the opportunity to take some shots during my last test flight. A short hop between ESSA, Stockholm and ESMS, Malm

Guest JDiaz

Amazing shots Mats.Can't wait!Jason Diaz

Guest Robin.B

Fantastic Marc! Now to bring it out eh? :-lolPS Next time don't forget to put the gear in OFF position :(

Did you know that KLM doesn't put there gear in OFF position?And Mats, great shots. The PFD looks way better now.

Something I just noticed. Your flying PW engines but there is no EPR gauge in your cockpit. Isn't that modeled yet?

Guest FredGer

Nice shots. Just one little thing: The N1 reference indicator should be magenta because VNAV is engaged and therefore the target N1 is commanded by the FMC!CheersFred

Guest yawdamper

There goes the performance :-(30 fps on a pretty highend machine as yours..NOT a good signAdrian

Nice shots, however in the 3rd shot is the flightplan route (magenta line) ment to go off the compass rose?>Something I just noticed. Your flying PW engines but there is>no EPR gauge in your cockpit. Isn't that modeled yet?Looks like GE engines to me, as Boeing's demo a/c has GE engines. EPR Guage, When I spoke to Leferis at the IFC Show in Blackpool last week, they have not done a RR/PW cockpit, however he did say that they would a small possibility of one IF there was demand for one, the inital release is based around the GE Engine, but oviously with all 3 engine models.I'm one who hopes PMDG will do an EPR EICAS, but I wouldn't be surprised if one wasn't done since it seems all developers are staying away from it.Cheers

Guest flight78

Crap no RR/PW cockpit???? :((. Is it still possible to fly it realisticly with no RR/PW cockpit??. I sure hope so i guess it is:P lol ah well kooly shots anyway and yeah you forgot Gear in OFF :(.Best regards:Alexander

Guest garymccl

What does "Gear in OFF" mean? What does that position actually do? I have always wondered what the difference between gear up and gear off is, and since it's been brought up twice in this thread I thought I'd ask! ;)Thanks in advance!EDIT: I forgot to say that the screen shots are fab - can't wait to get this a/c on on my machine. I like the airport senery as well.

Guest yawdamper

On the 737 the OFF position removes hydraulic pressure from the hydraulic jacks that raise the gear. If you keep it in UP, you apply a steady pressure to the entire system - should it rupture (a very very slim chance) you will lose a lot of hyd. fluid. Therefore you can place the gear lever to OFF and you remove pressure the system.Just don't do it too early - if you place it to OFF during retraction and gear isn't locked, the gear will come flying back down :-)In some non-normal cases it is required to remove hyd pressure from the landing gear - for example during alternate extension.Adrian

Guest garymccl

ah, that makes sense! i have always wondered what it means!Thanks for replying.Gary

Adrian,For what it's worth. My frame rates are better with the Queen than with the NG and the same config. And I have everything pretty much maxed out in the FS settings so there are room for some twekaing.Cheers,