Sign in to follow this  

PAI for a dummy

Project AII know i been only reading about this with one ear but can anybody explain to me what all this is about.I am mainly wondering about the Aircraft not the flight plans.What sort of aircraft are they and what is there diferance of a PAI A320 or a Mike Stone A320 and do you replace all the default models with these ? where did all their models come from and what makes them special.If i needed a 757 and download it what next?Do i treat it the same as any Aircraft?Who is painting them and how do you display them to paint them(if they do not fly)I know I am able to read all this on the site but I really want somebody who uses it all to explain .If any person can anwser even 1 of my many then i will be very happy :) thank you Anniette xxxxxxxxxxx

The PAI aircraft are simplified Gmax models that are designed with the intent of minimal framerate degradation. The are therefore not as detailed as the Mike Stone Gmax models. However, they do accomplish their task well after a few fixes here and there. Add them in like any other aircraft, there is no need to replace anything in your file library with them. In order to display them for normal viewing without being activated as an AI aircraft, just assign a panel to them in the aircraft container and then they can be flown and treated as any other user aircraft. The PAI people apparently would prefer any repaints to be submitted to their site for distribution.

Thanks Kevin ,You nearly anwsered them all :)I am having a look but did not find the planes yet only textures :)Anniette xxxxxxxx

I found the plane then did a quick repaint.I found the pai one had 7fp more than a simalar aircraft that i painted before so that is good ,so to be acurate i painted the one that I downloaded and maneged to get another 4fps off a standard Pai plane to my repaint ,with a texture half the size also aircraft texture has to be set high for the pai aircraft ,because on very little they seem blury, but as i converted my texture to 256 colour it now works on "very small" aircraft texture in display settings with nice sharp livery.So I am happy with what i have seen and I feel I could make some nice paints from these aircraft ,and then It would be interesting to see how the Frame rates increase :)Anniette xxxxxxxxxxx