Sign in to follow this  
Guest RobertK

No download link, no reply from support, credit card got funded. Explain?

Guest RobertK

The situation:Yesterday I tried to buy the 747 from the website, all steps succeeded up to the point where I enter my credit card details.On submitting, I get a script timeout error, however, I also find an email in my inbox which is a purchase confirmation.In that email, there is no download link, no instructions.After looking through the site, I finally find a link in the eCommerce section after logging in, however, it says "This url has expired".I contact support (yesterday about 1600 UTC) via email and via the message feature in the eCommerce section.So far, there has been no reply, not to mention a solution to this, even though the main site states today that all emails which arrived before 1400 UTC have been answered already.It doesn't seem to be a mail related problem, as I did receive the automated replies to my messages to support (one of which I sent off today again).Trying to be calm here, though as you may be able to imagine I am very angry, I ask for a reply from support, and for a solution.Otherwise I will contact my credit card company to withdraw the funds and will decide to stay with the 737NG and 737-800 as the only products I ever purchased from this company.Regards,Robert

Robert, If you received an automated response, that means your support request is in the cue.there is a large backlog of support emails. They are all answered in the order in which they were received.Thank you for your patience. We will make sure you get your download link as soon as possible. Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest RobertK

Vin, thank you for the quick reply.However, if I am still in the cue, I indeed wonder about that announcement on the main page, which today stated all before 1400 UTC had been answered. I assumed that to be 1400 UTC today (if that was not the case, perhaps a date should have been given).Oh well.Now, a problem is, I leave tomorrow early morning (CET) until monday late afternoon.Seeing that the policy at PMDG is for download links to be up for three days, I am facing the possibility that after returning home on monday, I will have to ask for a download link AGAIN.That problem won't have occured had the server done its work yesterday (or, when it failed to, not failed in a way to fund the credit card and confirm the purchase without providing the good).So as you see, I did my part (paying for the product), and face the prospect of having to go to support until what, middle of next week, just to GET the 747?Perhaps my frustration and indeed, lack of patience, becomes understandable now.My admiration for PMDG as a developer is still very high. PMDG as a company is another issue at the moment, though.Regards,Robert>Robert, >>If you received an automated response, that means your support>request is in the cue.>>there is a large backlog of support emails. They are all>answered in the order in which they were received.>>Thank you for your patience. We will make sure you get your>download link as soon as possible. >>Best,>>Vin Scimone>PMDG>www.precisionmanuals.com>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg