Sign in to follow this  
Guest ntsmith

Can someone explain this (EFIS MODE/NAV FREQ)

Guest ntsmith

I read the part about this anunciation in the manual but I do not understand what I should be getting if this annuciation was not there. Could someone further expand on it please. I seem to get this displayed quite alot.1) EFIS MODE/NAV FREQ DISAGREE (amber)The ILS or VOR source annunciation corresponds to the position selected on the EFIS control panel and the tuned VOR/ILS frequency.The annunciation is displayed: if APP is selected with a VOR frequency tuned If VOR is selected with an ILS frequency tuned.Kind regardsNigel Thomas-Smith

This message on the ND means you either have the EFIS control panel set to VOR mode with an ILS frequency tuned or the EFIS control panel is set to APP mode with a VOR frequency tuned. Can't do it.APP mode on the EFIS control panel is just for ILS approaches and therefore needs only the appropriate ILS frequency.VOR mode on the EFIS control panel is only for VOR operations and therefore needs only the appropriate VOR frequency.Learn to fly in the EFIS control panel MAP mode. Boeing says the 737NG's should be flown in MAP mode most of the time including approaches. Floyd

John Floyd